Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just need to get an estimate on my accident today. i was rear ended, nothing major but im just preparing for the run around with the insurence company

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
When I got rear-ended with a little less damage than you, insurance only gave me like $700-800. Just MAKE SURE there is no unwanted pressure built up back there from the accident. I have matching dimples on both sides above my wheel well. A second opinion said it wasn't from being hit, but from the pressure on the unibody that wasn't fixed the first time around. Good luck.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill have to check that out, from what i have been able to see there is no damage to the body at all but i have yet to check under the car because of the weather. that bumper is tougher than i expected thats for sure. my quarter panels are pretty rusty do you think theres any chance of those being included in the repair because of color matching? (wishful thinking but doubtful) weymouth is a little far for me i guess i should have narrowed it down to arlington/waltham area.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I can tell you to stay away from Dudley Autobody in Arlington. I looked at some of their just completed work on their lot and it was horrible. Like it was done by someone with no experience.
In Waltham, there was a place i think it was called 3 Sons or 3 Brothers on Felton St. Their work looked amazing and their price quotes were reasonable.
Let us know where you end up going.
Scott

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea its not my fault at all, im really just lookin for a place to get estimates done. the repair will more than likely be done back at my body shop in ny. i did find tiny tiny dimples on the rear quarter panel (less than a dime) if those were what your talkin about as a result of stress.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
The dimples on my car aren't big, but noticeable in the right light. Mine did get slightly more noticeable as time went on. Regarding estimates... you can get that at any body shop. If you want the "correct" estimate which is higher than what insurance wants to pay, then goto a shop that prefers to fix EVERYTHING with metal with very little use of bondo.

Why don't you call your insurance and ask them how long you have? I thought it was like a year.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
judging by your plate the cars insured in NY so not sure on how they do **** there. but i can tell you in MA that no matter where you take it for an estimate would be a waste of time because the insurance co. is just going to throw it in the trash and go off there own. beleive it or not its a semi-pain in the ass for a body shop to get that bumper, well atleast we had a hard time finding one a few months ago, you're gonna need all new clips, the absorber will need to be replaced, and probably the 2 brackets under the cover will need repair, ins. won't pay for your rust because there is no blend time for bumpers, but if you were rear ended you shouldn't worry about it anyway the body shop will call in a supplement for anything else and you wont need to pay for anything anyway. so just go to the shop of your choice.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the advice it has been very helpful. as far as fixing it that will be done in ny but i didnt know that the insurance had there own adjuster (this has been a learning experiance so far), im an idiot cause its my first accident and i wasnt sure how things were done in mass since your insurance rules are totally different then ny. im gonna get qoutes from an acura dealership and a body shop for ****s and giggles to compare the offer they give me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i didnt go to a body shop yet, commerce insurence has adjuster shops set up all over and i took it to them in waltham, took 10min and the guy looked like he hated his job hahaha i just plan on gettin a body shop estimate considering he looked at it for 2min tops

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I meant that at your last experience at a shop, the body shop probably had the insurance adjuster come down. The insurance company I use has adjuster shops all over too. I even brought the adjuster an estimate from a body shop. He didn't even look at it.

When I finally took it to a body shop, they said it's much less of a hassle for them to get a supplement when the adjuster comes into the shop, because the shop can explain why it's going to cost more.

I.e. My friend had roof damage from stupid kids around his town. When he brought it to a shop, he said the insurance only wanted to give money for how much time it would take to bondo over it to make it the right shape. His body shop fixes things CORRECTLY and explained to his insurance that this many hours + parts is what it's going to cost. Insurance paid, my friend is happy, and somehow, the body shop made sure my friend didn't pay his deductible. Talk about service.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ahhh i gotcha im a little slow this week and new to this insurance stuff but now all i have is a waiting game till i get there qoute in 5-6 days. thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
ok long enough......sorry guys its all technicalities

appraiser = writes estimates and negociates work on your car
adjuster = sits behind a desk and ****s around with paperwork allday

once again sorry but when you deal with it all day it gets a lil annoying

so remember the right terms damn it so I don't have to tell you again....cause i will

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ichishima,
please let us know when you settle on a place and how the work turns out.

I just rolled into town for a new job, and some dick hit my car in a parking lot in Silverthorne Colorado (during the drive out here). I'm waiting now for my insurance appraiser to come give me an estimate, but then I've got to find a good bodyshop nearby. I'm definitely going to check out Bernardi & Sansossio and Factory Collision as recommended earlier in this thread, but I would love to hear any other recommendations.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the adpraister only offered me $550 for the damages so im taking it to a dealership and a body shop for estimates this week to see how far off or on the money this guy was

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.