Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions about over square engines. essentialy take a b16a and bore out to 84.mm keeping the stock rods.

Is there any problems with boreing out a b16 to 84.mm?

I have tried to research this but am getting some dead ends. This is what I found thisnot a b16 but info about bore and crankand this topic

Im missing some thing. I dont need to be spoonfed, but If you can point me in the right direction it would be appriciated.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I guess I was getting confused because the b20 and b18 have a different deck height than b16s. thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the fact you cant bore up to 84mm on a b16 is because you would have little support for the cylinders(sp). If thats the case why can a b18 which has 81mm bore same as a b16 be bored out to 84mm and more?

I understand that deckheight has no direct coralation with bore. All these dimensions need to be kept in mind, and I was just stateing where I went wrong. and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that was the plan for the b16a I didnt say that. damn sorry about that. I had it in my mind but I didt say it. The pic above is of a stock cylinder wall?

So a B16A resleaved and bored out to 84mm is with in tolerance, or am I still risking it?

k so it trns out I need to be spoon fed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts