Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bored the cylinders of my block to 81.5mm due to excessive wear on the cylinders, does this mean I HAVE to get a 81.5mm head gasket or can I have the stock head gasket and be safe?? I checked clearances with an old head gasket and they are pretty close??

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the 81.5 mm headgasket is the stock headgasket. the bore of the stock headgasket is much larger than 81.5 mm. You have plenty of clearance. I'm running the same bore and using a stock headgasket. There's nothing warping. This individual has posted 3 times on this site with deliberate incorrect guesses to mislead everyone. He's outa here. We don't need people who deliberately irresponsibly post wrong info to steer you in the wrong direction. We had so many people who were pulling things out of their asses at the other website where I used to mod at that the whole info provided was useless and helped no-one. This also dropped the credibility and reputation of the source of info (i.e. the members posting). We try to keep guessing down to minimum here, if we can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts