Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEEEELLLLLOOOOO!

im new to Team Integra. just picked up a 91 Integra GS yesterday!

specs:
91 Integra GS 2 door
Shaved and painted engine bay
Fully wire tucked
Relocated battery
Relocated fusebox and misc. wires
rear bumper diffusor cut outs
killswitch
pushbutton start
rear wiper delete (i think)
skunk2 coilovers
flowmaster 40 series muffler
2.5" exhaust piping with custom downpipe (in the works)
password jdm sidemarkers
password jdm license plate garnish

heres the project so far. I have a turbo d16z6 that made 190whp in my CRX. Although the body of the CRX is in horrible condition, cracked windshield, missing windows, gutted interior (completely gutted) missing hood, dented body, trashed fenders. SO! I am now in the process of pulling out my Turbo D16 and puttin that bad boy into my DA

turbo specs: built d16z6 with JE low compression pistons, skunk 2 stage 1 turbo CAM, sleeved block, Garret .60 a/r internally wastegated turbo, XS power manual boost controller, REAL greddy type s blowoff valve, Greddy frount mount intercooler with charge piping, XS power turbo manifold (dont flame me for it, had it forever and i never had a problem) custom downpipe, 440cc injectors, obd1 conversion harness, tuned by Abel racing in OKC.

·
Registered
270 Posts
looks good, but i feel like you need to clean the engine a bit, and the tranny i want to see that thing sparkle with that minty fresh bay. but i like it so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol thanks man. yeah i plan on washing the crap out of it when its all done. it makes my bay look tacky lol. plan on powder coating the valve cover too

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
B18Ch1ck on Sep/12/10 said:
Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing a built D pushing a DA.
thank you sir. just got done putting in the axles. all this is happening in a days work as well. started this mornin

·
Registered
738 Posts
BoostedSOHC on Sep/12/10 said:
Quote: B18Ch1ck on Sep/12/10Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing a built D pushing a DA.

thank you ma'am. just got done putting in the axles. all this is happening in a days work as well. started this mornin
fixed lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the greetings guys, and yeah everyone always upgrades their LS to a lsvtec or gsr. havent seen alot of unique DA integra's and ive always wanted to build a badA single cam just to rub it in the dual cam faces :D

also thanks for editing my response, i read the username wrong, thought it said b18chick lol. my bad!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
BoostedSOHC on Sep/12/10 said:
thanks for the greetings guys, and yeah everyone always upgrades their LS to a lsvtec or gsr. havent seen alot of unique DA integra's and ive always wanted to build a badA single cam just to rub it in the dual cam faces :D

also thanks for editing my response, i read the username wrong, thought it said b18chick lol. my bad!
Yup my friend did the same thing except he just built his civic.
what are your power goals?
My friends z6 right now is pushing 296whp and 236tq
He is going for 400whp but he has James at speedfactory tuning his setup and he has records on the sohcs!
here's a link to his thread if your ever bored click

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Beware of that turbo manifold... All the one's i have seen in that style are really cheaply made. Tubing is a really thin gauge and cracks a lot. You notice that bracing that goes from the flange in the head to the flange on the turbo? That's a poor attempt at reinforcing a weak structure.

I don't mean to tell you how to go about your build but you would be much better off (for safety's sake) ditching that manifold even if just for a cast or log manifold that is stronger. I have known someone personally that had a lot of problems with this manifold so I just wanted to give you a warning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the tip, i know this manifold has a reputation for failure but its been on over a year now and still holding up. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
luck4rmkc on Sep/13/10 said:
Word just wanting to give you a heads up! BTW the D is unique i think its pretty cool!
well thanks man! its definately not something you see everyday in an integra. thats why the bay HAD to look awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any tips of advice for someone trying to do this? Any troubles you ran into? What T bracket did you use/ did you delete the factory subframe support ul front?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts