Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has been slowly getting worse with the cold weather moving in. My suspicion is the wideband sensor is bad.. When I'm cruising my afr will randomly drop to 10, the lowest reading on my meter. It also seems to be restricted/studders when casually cruising sometimes..? This doesn't happen too often.
When I am coming to a stop and take the car out of gear, as I'm cruising in neutral it will start to rev bounce and sometimes stall. It does not happen at idle at all, it is not an idle problem. I have a lot of aftermarket parts, no IACV so that can't be the culprit... Suggestions, ideas, articles you can point me to? I have done a lot of research and this is what I have come up with... Thanks T I:cool:

Also it should be noted I just got the car tuned so timing is perfect, idle was set to 900rpm.
Here is my build log for reference..
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/20-your-integra/309145-gs-r-jdm-b18c-turbo-swap.html

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
Sounds to me like an ignition problem. If your dizzy is dying, it will occasionally fail to drive spark to a cylinder or two, which will send the unburned fuel out the exhaust, driving the wideband down lower than it should be.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply dpaton. The previous owner recently replaced dizzy, spark plugs and wires. I knew I forgot to mention some things... Anyhow it could be (hopefully it is) as simple as that:rolleyes: I'll check it out and reply with results!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should also note (since I forgot to once again...) that I've looked over all of my vacuum lines, most that can be deleted are, but the ones that aren't seem to be in the right place and correctly connected.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Still having this problem.. Really thinking it's the dizzy at this point. I took a quick video of my idle at start up. Cold starts are very rough, sometimes it stalls out immediately after it cranks over. My AFR is eradic and drops dramatically along with my idle. It will stay around 10-10.5. When cruising and I get restriction/studdering the AFR drops to 10 then it's all over the place. I think I'm losing spark at times and that is what is causing my AFR to go down because it's not burning all of my fuel. Does this seem logical?

https://youtu.be/p7x21jgc3fE

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to my buddies house, who knows how to diagnose problems with SManager on my s300. Here's what we came up with -

So as you can maybe, or may not, see is the ignition was spot on. Meaning the dizzy was not the culprit. We were stumped.... until i mentioned to him that the car will almost die sometimes when i close the hood. We then looked for anywhere that the hood was in contact with anything. Viola! My hood was being dented in by my wastegate... We dented the hood further (on the inside paneling..... I know it made me cringe too....) so it wouldn't be in contact with it anymore and it drives normal again! I plan on possibly cutting out that little panel.

Thanks for the help fellow TI members!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts