how much psi can my stock rods hold?
well not hold but run safely....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
"How much boost can my car run safely?
LS,RS,GS- Stock Internals 5-7PSI.
GSR-Stock Internals 6-8PSI."
amazing what you can find in the article section by searching...*taps fingers on desk*
also click here even with your pistons it will be around the same amount of boost, you need to build your internals better for running higher boost safely

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that weird i didnt know je 9.0:1 came stock on gsr's man u learn something new everyday amazeing what u can find when u use ur eyes and read

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hate people who like to *argue* over the internet is it because when you do it in real life you get your ass kicked, not a dumb move yet its not installed... anyone else out there?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
let me rephrase the question....
i know there are people out there on running low comp pistons with stock rods..
and i know they are boosting more than 6 psi.....
what the highest boost you herd of on stock rods?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
put it that way the highest i've heard is 10 but that's crazy...at least now you sound intellectual.
btw:i "ain't" jealous, i'm actually very close to getting a turbo and everything i need to make it run for a long time, i have over 5 grand saved up and i will buy everything at once, so it will have equal wear, only 1,000 to go and i can have everything installed and tuned properly...don't go out trying to make fun of other peoples financial status because you will get shot down...

·
Registered
389 Posts
black 97 gsr: maybe along with your pistons get block guard and some other goodies and you can run on stock rods, but dont push it. make sure you get a boost controller, i dont think they have one with the drag kit.

flyinhigh: thats alot of money for a turbo and engine build up. please, please dont buy a pre-fab kit. that is so played out. get every part piece by piece, custom make your OWN kit, you will be happier, and you can get better deals, spend less money, and get higher quality in all the parts you buy.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
gsrblackout: i do plan on making my own but it is very time consuming, the reason i have all of that money is because i'm going to try to make my engine almost bullit proof also all that money isn't for the turbo(most is) but some is for some goodies and gadgets

·
Registered
105 Posts
wow,and i wondered why i havent been visiting ti as much as i used too but now i realize why after reading this post. it seems that lately people can never ask a question unless it its frased perfectly. alot of people dont miss a chance to verbally abuse someone or pick them apart because they thought the question was dumb and that you should know better. NOT EVERYoNE oN THIS BOARD KNOWS EVERYTHING!! THATS THE POINT!! people ask questions because they dont know the answer or how to ask the question. how much advice would you take from someone who is yelling at you or calling you an idiot?? think about this BEFORE you reply to someone, if your gonna be an asshole about it then nobody should listen to your advice. im afraid to ask questions anymore for fear of 30 people telling me i should have known the answer or didnt frase the question right or i didnt give enough info in the question.some people claim that stupid questions take up extra bandwidth, how much bandwidth is wasted on the people who turn a stupid question into three pages of posts telling the asker how dum the question was and the bandwidth it wasted? try not responding if your that bandwidth consious. ti used to be my homepage when explorer opens up, i think im switching that to ebay now.

·
Registered
389 Posts
integra1519 on Sep/02/02 said:
wow,and i wondered why i havent been visiting ti as much as i used too but now i realize why after reading this post. it seems that lately people can never ask a question unless it its frased perfectly. alot of people dont miss a chance to verbally abuse someone or pick them apart because they thought the question was dumb and that you should know better. NOT EVERYoNE oN THIS BOARD KNOWS EVERYTHING!! THATS THE POINT!! people ask questions because they dont know the answer or how to ask the question. how much advice would you take from someone who is yelling at you or calling you an idiot?? think about this BEFORE you reply to someone, if your gonna be an asshole about it then nobody should listen to your advice. im afraid to ask questions anymore for fear of 30 people telling me i should have known the answer or didnt frase the question right or i didnt give enough info in the question.some people claim that stupid questions take up extra bandwidth, how much bandwidth is wasted on the people who turn a stupid question into three pages of posts telling the asker how dum the question was and the bandwidth it wasted? try not responding if your that bandwidth consious. ti used to be my homepage when explorer opens up, i think im switching that to ebay now.
its called flaming my friend. and i agree with you.. its a sad, sad reality.

oh well, we can try and live around it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
actually i told him the right answer to his question but then he bickered at me saying he has pistons, which wouldn't make that much of a difference on his boost setup, so this ended up starting over him being a hard head...and me speaking the truth. i will now delete my previous post...happy?

·
Registered
105 Posts
its not just specifically this post or specifically your post, it was more of a general rant that i reposted in site suggestions/help. the name calling and general nature of that entire post wasnt cool. also, people are so used to getting flamed for asking a question that they are on the defensive right away. cant say i blame them ya know?

·
Registered
470 Posts
maybe a little off the exact point but my friend has turboed h22a4 prelude with the fmax kit and hes boosting 12 psi with no internal buildup. i think and i say think he may have a low compression head gasket but i dont know for sure. dont know if maybe its because the displacement is higher that would all him to boost up to 12 but thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lol, this is an old post but I thought it was interesting. The guy that said the stock internals can only hold 7-8 psi is full of sh*t. only the pistons and the open deck design are the weak points. You have replaced the stock cast pistons, so if you block guard the sleeves then you can go well over 300 on stock crank and rods (they are forged).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts