Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
too shave or not to shave is the question.. well here is what we are doing. right now my car is in the shop getting repainted a different color so when it was sanded and primored we shaved a few things such as the rain gutters on the roof, side moldings, emblems on the rear. and we put a full bomex bodykit on it. now i am wondering before we paint it if i should shave my door handles for i think it would be cool since it can be used as theft deterance in a way since its a little harder to break into the car if you dont want to break the window but most of all i am just wondering how many of you think that will look good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
really,Why would it be illegal to drive with shaved door handle.Thats the most stupidest thing i ever heard.

·
Registered
144 Posts
madspinner on Aug/23/02 said:
really,Why would it be illegal to drive with shaved door handle.Thats the most stupidest thing i ever heard.
lets say you get into an accident, you're unconcious, and they can't open your door...hm.

·
Registered
457 Posts
break window....but here i heard it was illegal cause my friend in his truck got pulled over and they gave him a warning so i am not sure if its true or they were just hassling him

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
well most likely people dont notice shaved door handles unless they r into import cars or jus plain fixin up cars.. or unless they r staring at it for a while..so i say ..shave em!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
if ur going full show car.. shave em.. if u wanna race later keep em on.. same here.. they won't let u on the track if you have shaved door handles.. but i dunno.. i kinda like door handles.. maybe shaved key holes(4dr rear handles) and disabling the manual door locks are a better idea..

scary scenario: what if there's a big dog chasing you and u have to run into your car for safety.. by the time u hit the "open door" button.. its too late.. then.. you try to jump on top of your car(no rain gutters)u slide off right over onto the other side.. and then the dog eats you!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I think shaved handles would be sweet!
I hear that you can't safety your car w/ shaved handles tho...in my neck of the woods anyway.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hehe sonic i like what you said but what if the dog bites your leg off while your trying to open your door with the door handle.

i kinda wanted to build my engine as well so im not too keen on shaving my handles now since well.. i wanna race on the tracks since i keep it off the street, but thats just me.

so now on the other factor.. does anyone know any door handle modifications you can do such as different style or chrome handles i dont know.. something clean not too tacky... ideas? anyone?

·
Registered
401 Posts
OKay....how did u do your tail lights...that looka PHAT!..haha!...nice job on the gas thingy too!...sweet ride altogether dude!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts