Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Bomex front bumper to replace the stock after i wrecked my teg 2 weeks ago..I did all the work on my car new radiator support, cf hood, new radiator and fans,....well i'm stuck at the bumper, the bumper support is in the way and i can't get the bumper on unless i take the support off...i already primed the bumper so i don't think i can take it back. what do u guys this i should do? I don't really wanna drive around without the bumper support cuz If it wasn't for that my car would have been totalled. I have pics but i dunno how to upload them on here

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
u know those 2 platic pieces that go into the bumper support on both corners, are those the problem?

what I would do before removing the bumper support completey, try to see where the clearance problem is, and then try to cut the pieces in the way off, if its just the plastic pieces then you are set.

if it is the whole length of the support gettin in the way then I guess you would have to remove it..but you can trim the corners without losing much stregth in the structure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not the plastic pieces...It is most of the support, but the bumpers vents are really deep and go way back into the bumper so i can try to trim those pieces

·
Registered
267 Posts
95lswhttegg on Feb/07/04 said:
Its not the plastic pieces...It is most of the support, but the bumpers vents are really deep and go way back into the bumper so i can try to trim those pieces
I had that same problem with the inside of my bomex "style" bumper hiting my oil cooler thing on front of my radiator. Just sand it down a liitle and it should work well. It's not going to fit OEM unless you got REAL Bomex... that means lots of $$$$$$$

·
Registered
55 Posts
You need to sand the lip inside the bumper down. You also need to trim the edges bumper support. The bomex web sight show how to do it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Mohawks is correct. You have to trim down the inside of the widemouth and cut the metal bumpers ends off at an angle. I used the trusty recip saw. You should of fit the bumper before you primed it.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
mugendc2 on Feb/07/04 said:
It's not going to fit OEM unless you got REAL Bomex... that means lots of $$$$$$$
Nah, real Bomex ain't that bad, they lowered their prices alot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys...i was just soo excited that i got the bumper that i test fit it real quick and thought it fit but didn't then i primed it and thats where i f**ked up. I'll have to sand/cut the inside of the bumper cuz i really want that support in there

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
mugendc2 on Feb/07/04 said:
I had that same problem with the inside of my bomex "style" bumper hiting my oil cooler thing on front of my radiator. Just sand it down a liitle and it should work well. It's not going to fit OEM unless you got REAL Bomex... that means lots of $$$$$$$
The Authentic Bomex kit only costs something like 650 for the whole kit now. Too bad it wasn't that price when i got my replica kit. And as for Authentic kit not having the fitment trouble with the front reinforcement. It does. Thats why there are instructions on the website on how to cut the corners of the reinforcement and where to cut the bumper also.

Bomex How-To Link

If you haven't modified the bumper yet, go to the above website. As you can see, the bumper and the reinforcement need to be modified. I did this in about an hour or so, with only a dremmel. pretty simple. and a lot safer than riding without a front reinforcement for the sake of looks. Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts