Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my problem, the A pipe on my GS-R buzzes really bad around 3,000 rpm, and makes a knocking sound at idle. I was hoping it would be a heat shield, but I guess not.

The acura dealer and the warranty company both refuse to work on it, and they want $800+ just to replace the A pipe.

Anyway, I was planning on getting a DC JDM 2.5in header, carsound 2.5in cat, and a Hytech exhaust in 6 months or so.

What I am wondering is, can I bolt the DC JDM header up to a stock cat/exhaust easily?

Possibly using an adapter?

I know this will yield next to no performance gain, but it will solve my current problem until I can get money for the rest of the system.

If not, any suggestions on what I should do?

Can the A pipe be easily fixed if I remove it from the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
2.5 collector fitting to a 1.8" cat...........thats gonna have to be one hell of an adapter

And don't expect to have any top end grunt.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
buy a used one from a salvage company. It shouldn't run you too much money. this will fix the sound for now and will bolt up just fine to your existing oem gear.

search yahoo for: HAP recycling
or try HAsport here in Phoenix, they have a salvage yard with quite a few integras w/ various parts still left on them---->HAsport

1 - 5 of 5 Posts