Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive seen some pretty outragous bodykits and im seem some really nice looking kits,, what im wondering is are bodykits stictly for looks ? im sure they dont add much for the performance of your car.. i could be wrong.. any comments?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
ChopstiX on Aug/16/02 said:
No body kits adds style.. maybe with the shape of it u might get some performace with aerodynamics or whatever.
maybe i read it wrong.. but i think body kits do add style..and no performance at all..

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i'm not 100% jdm convert.. there are kits i do like.. though i dotn think i would put them on my lil teg cuz they'd be thrashed & cracked in two shakes of a cow's tail.. i think a kit adds a finishing touch to a car. RoW~!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
most people put it for looks but real racers put plain kits for aerodynamics its much lighter than stock bumbers so its partly weight reduction and the body kits helps make air go smoothly around your car

·
Registered
156 Posts
there are body kits that DO serve an aerodynamic purpose. for instance, the mugen body kit (my favorite body kit) for the jdm integra has aerodynamic function and has been proven through wind tunnel tests.

this diagram shows the actual movement of air and how it moves along the edges of the mugen body kit.

this shows the air flow through the front bumper and out of the vents of the car's hood.

here's the actual body kit on the integra.

hope this answers some questions. but honestly, the majority of body kit manufacturers only make body kits for appearance. mugen and spoon are two of the only companies that i'm familiar with that make actual PERFORMANCE kits that serve a purpose other than looks. Spoon's designs are much more subtle with their carbon fiber lips and hoods. i'd say about 99% of all body kit manufacturers could care less about wind tunnel testing since it's expensive for such high quality research and development.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts