Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a Wings West Racing Series body kit and installing it myself, but I was wondering if I will have to get the muffler remounted since the bumper will hang lower?

·
Registered
187 Posts
yes you will. suggestion tho, use screws and urethane where you can or it might fall off(sides & rear)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am planning to get the Tsunami and WW side skirts. Do you think I can do the installation myself and then goto a body shop and get it painted? Let me know!

·
Registered
301 Posts
definitely. i assume your talking about the tsunami front lip which is along w/ ww ss, are urethane. i personally have not installed these, but im pretty sure theyll fit easily. i went from body kit to body kit(all fiberglass), and now i have urethane, very easy. and the tsunami lip can be put on w/o removing the bumper, so i suggest you try it yourself first, if you need help, i know theres articles here on intalling/uninstalling side skirts, not sure about front lips though. oh yeah make sure you do it w/ a friend, its so much easier. for lip and ss, you probably only need flat head/phillips screwdriver. good luck.

·
Registered
599 Posts
sassy--

Thanks :) But I want to find the right front lip you know? There seems to be two versions of the tsunami, one with shorter fangs, and one with longer fangs. I have the post in the "Details/Appearance" forums... check it out.

Help!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Tsunami lip and it just went on with no problems.....just make sure u use the 3M tape that comes with it then drill 6 holes in it.....i have the ww sides too.....pretty easy to install but i didnt install the rear lip yet....

·
Registered
599 Posts
SlammedGSR,

Could you maybe make a tutorial out of it?

The kit is usually like a C or U shape for the front... Do i apply the 3M tape on the top of lip, place it on perfectly, then get under and screw 6 screws in across? underneath?

Let me know!

·
Registered
187 Posts
just got my ww rs kit on and man i'm happy with it , but you do have to lower your exhaust. Ithought i'd wait so i could take it to my mechcanic but it didn't hold up. (heat from emmissions melted a small piece of the kit.)get it done at the while the kit is going on.

·
Registered
229 Posts
just install it yourself.....i did my ITR front lip, Mugen style side skirts and ITR spoiler with no problems at alll.......just clean the bumper with alcohol, wipe it dry, line up the body pieces, peel back the double sided tape (if it comes with it) stick it on, and drill a couple of screws for good measure....... and holla you're done

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is it possible for to install a Bomex kit. They say it is a perfect fit and I would need no modifications

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
ummm.. its pertty basic to install a bodykit or a lip. Theres only a few screws on the bumber to take it out. Theres 1 on each side of the bumber and most of the screws on are top where the hood latches down. If they say its a perfect fit. THERE Lying. NO bodykits are perfect unless you pay $1000-2000 for a Bkit and still even with that much money invested into a bodykits theres still a flaw somewhere. Depends on what type of bodykit you get too. The VIS bodykit usually fit da best from what i seen. I have the blue class bodykit, they fit like sh*t.

·
Registered
476 Posts
GreenVillian on Aug/16/02 said:
Is it possible for to install a Bomex kit. They say it is a perfect fit and I would need no modifications
they say its a perfect fit.. but the one i got i just had to do a lil minor adjustments.. i mean very minor adjustments.. but yea.. bomex is practically a perfect fit..

·
Registered
301 Posts
vi3tgsrb0i on Aug/21/02 said:
Quote: GreenVillian on Aug/16/02Is it possible for to install a Bomex kit. They say it is a perfect fit and I would need no modifications they say its a perfect fit.. but the one i got i just had to do a lil minor adjustments.. i mean very minor adjustments.. but yea.. bomex is practically a perfect fit..
yea, i guess it depends on what kind you get too. i had the knock off c-west rear put on last year from vis, it wasnt a crappy fit, but supposedly, the real c-west fits like stock.

·
Registered
301 Posts
aznleaper16 on Aug/19/02 said:
does anybody know where i can find articles on installing type-r front lips or any front lips
apparently, for the tsunami lip they come w/ tape, but for they type r lip, its really simple they just bolt rite on. didnt even take off the bumper. but i have the oem lip, cant say the same for comptech, arospeed, or any other lip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't autobody shops install the kits for you? Cause i'm about to get a kit and know nothing about installing it myself....where could i go to get it done?

·
Registered
187 Posts
body shops install anything for the right price, even if they don't know how. they just call it custom work lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
word...lol...I mean I don't wanna go up there and they charge this crazy price and do a bad job...i'll probably check out a few body shops....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
once again, if you dont know what your doing please dont install a body kit yourself, you may not see it but it could be crooked or many small details that people can see right away

1 - 19 of 19 Posts