Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I will be getting my body kit next week or 2...my car is lowered on Eibach sportlines and I have the winter rims on right now...I will be getting 18" rims soon...but my question is if I put the rims after the body kit on, will the height be affected?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
integraline on Feb/09/06 said:
no matter what order you put them on, your car is going to raise when you put the 18" rims on.

not neccesarily...the height change (that is usually pretty negligible anyway) that comes from changing rims/tires is mostly attributed to the tire size....

so, since he has not mentioned what tire size he has on now, and what size he is going to - we cannot make a determination....

you can use a tire size calculator to figure out the outside diameter of each size...divide by 2 to get the radius and the difference in radius is your difference in ride height (height the wheel hub will be off the ground)

EDIT : Forgot to mention - I have 18x7.5 so I know a bit about riding around on 18s in a teg....first off, let me just say it sucks ass and unless you are really attached to the look of it like I am it is def NOT worth it. Secondly, you will have to run 215/35/18 tires, they are really the only size that will fit and keep your speedo correct...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I just used our tire size calculator for you, and I am just assuming you have the stock 95 LS 14" rims on for winter with 195/60/14 tires. Those tires have a 23.212" diameter, and going to 215/35/18 tires will give you a 23.925" diameter. Your change in radius is therefore .354 inches.

So, going from stock steelies to 18's you are looking at having the whole car move up about a third of an inch.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry guys..forgot about the tire size...right now I have on 195/55/15...whats ur opinion...stick to 17"s or move up to 18's?
thanks

JustTegIt on Feb/09/06 said:
I just used our tire size calculator for you, and I am just assuming you have the stock 95 LS 14" rims on for winter with 195/60/14 tires. Those tires have a 23.212" diameter, and going to 215/35/18 tires will give you a 23.925" diameter. Your change in radius is therefore .354 inches.

So, going from stock steelies to 18's you are looking at having the whole car move up about a third of an inch.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
in that case the difference is even more negligible...

moving up to 215.35/18s from 195/55/15 will only increase your car by .2405 inches...less than a quarter inch...

like i said in my above post - unless you are REALLY attached to a pair of 18's and can deal with the rough ride, i would stick with 17's....i personally love my 18's tho and feel the rough ride is worth it for the look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.