looks nice... just a few questions
#1 did you take off the caliper or did you put the palstic bag over the rotor
and #2 how long did it take
and #3 what paint did you use
..thanks

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I painted my sister's del Sol calipers. You need to get high heat paint and brake cleaner. I put a bag over the rotor and taped it down. Put two coats on it. Took 30mins - 1 hr b/c of drying time.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
redteg02 on Jan/28/06 said:
Quote: acuracy_r on Jan/28/06if you want blue calipers, spend $1400 and get a pair of spoon's...otherwise, keep them black

this must be the single worst advice that could be given. why spend 1400 if all you want is blue calipers.

they look good you should get some pics with the rest of the car too.

I agree with redteg. That's not the sole reason for getting spoons calipers.

I think it looks good. More pics would help as well!

·
Registered
10 Posts
NjTeg421 on Jan/28/06 said:
looks nice... just a few questions
#1 did you take off the caliper or did you put the palstic bag over the rotor
and #2 how long did it take
and #3 what paint did you use
..thanks
Most automotive stores have special caliper paint. It is easy to find. Most any high heat paint would work fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
g3teg97 on Jan/28/06 said:
Quote: redteg02 on Jan/28/06Quote: acuracy_r on Jan/28/06if you want blue calipers, spend $1400 and get a pair of spoon's...otherwise, keep them black

this must be the single worst advice that could be given. why spend 1400 if all you want is blue calipers.

they look good you should get some pics with the rest of the car too.

I agree with redteg. That's not the sole reason for getting spoons calipers.

I think it looks good. More pics would help as well!

no **** its not the sole reason for spoon calipers, but its probobly the sole reason he painted them blue...

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
acuracy_r on Jan/28/06 said:
no **** its not the sole reason for spoon calipers, but its probobly the sole reason he painted them blue...
That doesn't make any sense. That's like painting the calipers red to make them look like Brembos or black for Wilwood.

Maybe he wants the blue to stand out with his silver exterior color.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
acuracy_r on Jan/28/06 said:
if you want blue calipers, spend $1400 and get a pair of spoon's...otherwise, keep them black
I got news for you buddy no body buys spoon calipiers just for the "look" of them, and if you do, you are a true ricer with money. He didnt paint the calipiers blue to copy spoons, and if that was his goal, he could of just bought those stupid calipier covers from ebay. And spoon calipiers aren't really worth it for daily driving either, which is what this car is.

The paint of the calipiers we did on the car looks subtle in real life but really noticeable if you look at it, it looks SICK with the wheels he just traded for today(pics soon probs).

15 bucks well spent id say.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
i sorta agree with everyone.. not everyone needs spoon sports calipers (do you even know the purpose of upgrading your calipers? you won't need to.. oh, you're also gonna get some cross-drilled rotors as well? hmm, okay..)

another one is rotora bbk (for me at least).. I'm not going to buy a bbk (it's not a true bbk to say) just for the one colour choice it has.. same with Endless.. common sense..

what looks good is fine.. why pose for something performance-wise if you can't show it to prove it.. lol.. now I know most of us do the other way.. they call that method, stealth..

~P2P

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SickShift on Jan/30/06 said:
Quote: acuracy_r on Jan/28/06if you want blue calipers, spend $1400 and get a pair of spoon's...otherwise, keep them black

I got news for you buddy no body buys spoon calipiers just for the "look" of them, and if you do, you are a true ricer with money. He didnt paint the calipiers blue to copy spoons, and if that was his goal, he could of just bought those stupid calipier covers from ebay. And spoon calipiers aren't really worth it for daily driving either, which is what this car is.

The paint of the calipiers we did on the car looks subtle in real life but really noticeable if you look at it, it looks SICK with the wheels he just traded for today(pics soon probs).

15 bucks well spent id say.
true stuff, i have my calibers painted blue, not cuz i wanna look like i have spoon brakes, but just cuz it matches my car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.