Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this sway bar? I searched but couldn't find what I'm looking for. It looks decent and I've heard that blox has a pretty good reputation. I'm just wondering if anyone's used this, and how dependable it is. Not looking at doing intense cornering/driving, just looking for some better handling. Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Im using one in my car right now. There is one problem when you buy that sway bar... You also have to buy an integra type R end links. Your stock LS endlinks does not fit. I had to custome made mine, and it seems to work fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I saw that post MeltMan, but it didn't really answer my question. Anyone know where to get ITR endlinks for it? Is it worth spending the money on the bar & the end links or is there a better solution for roughly the same price (Give or take)?

·
Registered
830 Posts
should be able to do it a bit cheaper than 120$ too! search around for the bsq mounting kit, he has all the instructions and part numbers you'll need. Seriously probably the most fun/$ upgrade you can probably make. good luck!

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
yes the best rear sway bar for the money is the usdm ITR. I mean jdm is nice but that extra 1mm isn't needed as much if you just are doing some dd.

Check around on ebay, i was surprised and bought mine...and luckily it came with everything I need. It only came out to be like 110 bucks. Best bang for the buck i swear. In terms of suspension that's the thing you spend the least money on but notice the biggest difference. only problem is all that hacking and modding you have to do to the subframe. If you're uncomfortable with that I would suggest getting the comptech lower tie bar then putting an itr bar on that. Or if you have more cash just go straight for the Comptech rear tie bar/sway bar set up since it just bolts right on.

·
Registered
813 Posts
integra123 on Feb/02/06 said:
Im using one in my car right now. There is one problem when you buy that sway bar... You also have to buy an integra type R end links. Your stock LS endlinks does not fit. I had to custome made mine, and it seems to work fine.
Really?!?!? The physical dimension of all (RS, LS, GS, GS-R, ITR) the endlinks are the same. The only difference is that the ITR endlink uses a stiffer bushing. So, I'm not sure why your LS endlinks wouldn't work.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
MeltMan on Feb/02/06 said:
The better solution is to hook yourself up with an OEM ITR sway bar.

It only costs about $120 or so, fits LS endlinks and is 22mm. You cant go wrong with it. Its what I run.
ITR Sway bar installation

and mine is still working perfectly just like the first day after I installed it, BSQ had it in for even longer with multiple events under his belt, so it deff passes the test of time with the BSQ kit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
why not go used oem in this situation... ITR sway is great.

sway bars aren't only the best bang for ur buck - but probably one of the best investments u can make in your car. Good luck choosing

·
Registered
813 Posts
mystikalstriker on Feb/02/06 said:
yes the best rear sway bar for the money is the usdm ITR...only problem is all that hacking and modding you have to do to the subframe.
The only subframe modification needed to install the ITR rear swaybar, is the removal of 2 small tack welded nut on the inside of the subframe and the slight (~1/8") enlargement of 2 existing holes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just bought this Blox rear sway bar cheap from my buddy, and it comes with some hardware but it seems I might need these "end links" but I am not sure. Does my GS-R come with end links? I am going to order the BSQ reinforcement kit as well. What else will I need in terms of hardware to complete the installation before I get started?

I am asking because I can drive over to my friend's shop and install it on a lift, but I can't use the lift whenever i want so I want to make sure I install it right the first time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bought the Blox 21mm rear sway bar on ebay for about $120 (didn't know about BSQ back then).

I didn't have any problem connecting it to the GSR endlinks.

The thing is: you have to take off the bushings and use only the little tubbies thing inside the 2 bushings to connect the bar to the endlinks.

I felt the difference after I put it on. It's been on for 9 months and haven't given me any problem yet.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
mystikalstriker on Feb/02/06 said:
yes the best rear sway bar for the money is the usdm ITR. I mean jdm is nice but that extra 1mm isn't needed as much if you just are doing some dd.

Check around on ebay, i was surprised and bought mine...and luckily it came with everything I need. It only came out to be like 110 bucks. Best bang for the buck i swear. In terms of suspension that's the thing you spend the least money on but notice the biggest difference. only problem is all that hacking and modding you have to do to the subframe. If you're uncomfortable with that I would suggest getting the comptech lower tie bar then putting an itr bar on that. Or if you have more cash just go straight for the Comptech rear tie bar/sway bar set up since it just bolts right on.
That's what I'm saying. The ITR sway sounds so good, but I just can't bear to drill into my subframe. I'll admit it, my balls just aren't big enough for that mod.

·
Registered
189 Posts
you actually don't need the BSQ kit if you get the BLOX sway bar. They give you parts with the BLOX bar that you can use in the same fashion as the BSQ kit. only problem is you have to cut the holes on the brackets that attach the sway bar bushings to the subframe.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Haha my sway bar is still sittin in my storage closet. Talk about lazy. I think I will think about tackling this project again. I bought the BSQ reinforcement kit, so I think I have everything I need.

Are there any other articles or some tips on installation before I get this project ont he road again?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.