Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay as some may know i’m not the smartest at this stuff. my engine had gotten hot when i was at idle and i didn’t know if that was natural for these types of cars. so i didn’t say anything. omw home late at night, noticed the temperature gauge was at H. downshifted to 2nd and my car made like weird sound. no pop. but like WUURRRR sound and started shuttering. found out that a radiator hose broke. if i had stopped i could’ve prevented something else from happening. long story short, coolant was able to leaking out, water pump was bad, spark plug wire melted INTO the block. did an oil change. and now it runs BETTER. so my question is, is the head gasket blown? the temperature gauge is at where it’s supposed to be and no more leaks?? so, am i safe or ????

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
If it got as hot as you say it did, to the point where the plugs melted, I would suspect that your head is warped.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
your cylinder head no longer is completely flat where it meets the engine block, causing future leaks of oil, coolant, and loss of power

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
so in other words, the motor is screwed?
It could be. I would continue to drive, and monitor for any leaks or overheating. I would still perform a compression test on the motor to see what kind of compression the motor still has.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so far no leaks and the overheating has stopped. but compression test? what else could i di

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Nothing really but drive & monitor for now

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Check oil too, if you got a bad head gasket you could see some coolant mixing up with the engine oil. If your oil starts looking milky its definitely bad.
Not if the the head gasket split between the combustion chamber, and an oil passage. Your recommendation will only apply if the gasket is torn between an oil passage and the coolant jacket/passage

1 - 12 of 12 Posts