Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need help. I have white smoke coming out of my exhaust after it sits for about two minutes and only when i accelerate, after that smoke is gone till i stop for another two minutes. Theres no milky oil and coolant is full, can it still be a broken head gasket and if not what els can it be?

compression score: 190 190 185 190

·
Registered
930 Posts
If the HG is leaking between the cylinders and the waterjacket, you will not see oil in your coolant if the HG is blown.

Try also getting a coolant tester from an auto parts store. It measures hydrocarbons (from the exhaust gasses) in the coolant. If you detect hydrocarbons, you either have a blown HG, cracked head, or cracked block. Hopefully, this is not the case. When my HG blew, I had a gas station remove the rad cap and stick their smog sniffer on the open radiator. It detected exhaust gasses, indicating my HG was blown.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i drove the car tonight i think that im burning oil, it don't smell like coolant. the water sprinkle disappeared after a wile and it was coming out clear not green.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Blue smoke = oil
White smoke = coolant

If you're burning coolant, it's not going to come out green lol. Definately get the car checked, it might seem like it running fine but it's most likely not. Til you get it fixed I wouldn't recommend reving the car or driving it hard.

·
Registered
717 Posts
he was talking about the water out of exhaust was clear not green....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.