·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Page 2 Side skirts
Page 3 Droped
Page 4 Rear Bumper, tints, finished
Page 6 Valve cover, TSX Retrofit

I guess I can make this my running log now since I already did more then paint and body and heading towards performance slowly but getting there.

Here is what I did to the DB8 in the last two weeks of summer of 06.
The paint process:
Filling in dents, sanding and stripping the body.

Fabricating the lip.

Starting the paint process.

Bottom coat.

Clear coat.

Sanding and buffing.

Rear bumper drying in the sun.

90% finished product, just need side skirts and engine, suspension work.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dupont paint and clear coat, husky spray gun, which is pretty good but my dad bought one of ebay that is made out of titanium and that works alot better and doesnt waste much paint like the husky because of the HVLP, also it almost doesnt leave orange peel, sucks he got it after my car was painted. I finished up with sanding with 2000 grit sand paper and polishing with a drill foam pad and 3M polishing gell I dont rember what it was called but they have it in O'riley auto parts, its in a white plastic botle.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Before I got to the end of the post I was thinking, " Man I bet this is going to turn out like the two-toned four door at school." Then I finally get to the end and thiought, "Shoot, it is the two-toned four dooor from school."

Haha. Looks good though. I'll see you around. I'll be in one of the 5000 white integra's that go here.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.