Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to replace my rotors and I accidentaly opened the braked like on the the caliper letting a bunch of brake fluid out, on the front passenger side. I tried to bleed the brakes for like an hour or two. I opened the bolt on the master cylinder had some push the pedal to the ground and hold it and then I closed the bolt and repeated about 4 or 5 times, like 5 or 6 times at least. The brake pedal is still going to the floor even with the car on and the brakes do not seem to be working very well. Is there something I am doing wrong or something that I am missing? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
This is a very basic question, but

did you pump the brake pedal a few times after you were bleeding, but before you started the car, to get pressure back in the system?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Pumping the brake is key...when you bleed them pump them like style said then hold it to the floor after a few pumps...then repeat until you get some feeling back in the pedal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm an idiot and I was doing it wrong. I was turning the bolt that connects the hose to the caliper instead of the nipple. once i figured this out it took like 2 seconds. Thanks for the help though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts