Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the helms manual has a order you are suppose to follow when bleeding your brakes in order to get most of the air out of the lines. im going to be changing just the rear pads in a couple days and to save me some time, does anyone know if I need to bleed the fronts too then rears when i change my rear pads? just trying to keep from having to take off the front wheels if I dont have to.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Changing brake pads do not require a brake bleed because you are not taking the brake line off. Therefore no air will enter the system.

However if you decide to flush the system, just do a search for instructions on how to bleed the system. I'm sure the Helm's instructions are good enough. If you want to be certain that there are definately no air left in the system, bleed it a second or a third time. Thats what I did.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whenever I have changed pads in the past I always press in the caliper pistons by relieving the fluid pressure instead of using a clamp or something. I pretty much always flush most of it out. doesnt hurt anything and its kinda fun :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts