Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have the option of gettin this, I will be getting an intelliguard 750 or 850. I know you have option to use blackjax's I was curious how many of you guys always actually use blackjax's on a daily basis??? I'd Like to here some opinions is it worth it or more of a hassle

·
Registered
305 Posts
one problem with the blackjack that I noticed on more the one car including my wife's car is that over time the two button keypad goes bad and when the blackjack askes you for the code and you put it in it does not accept. It is a easy fix to change the keypad, but that is the only hassle i can think of.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
yes, DEI owns clifford now, but most of the cliffords are still different...

you won't see Viper or Sidewinder or Python with Blackjax built in

as for the switch, i have had my Blackjax for 9 years now, it wasn't in use for 3 of those, but in 6 years of everyday use, i just a few months ago replaced my switch, and that was only because i opened my sunroof when there was water collected on it from rain, and it seeped right onto the switch ruining it

now that was the first generation of Blackjax and while the new ones do use a totally different switch, i would put faith that DEI/Clifford still uses high quality components

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
the cei/dei buyout, was mostly for dei to get teh clifford name (as I gather...) the core clifford technology will still be developed independantly of the DEI but as evidenced from the matrix series (DEI product with clifford name) some tech (antennas) was ported over directly....

future is the key to this one (ie dei starting to go to g5?) or more matrix style hybrids???

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i never leave my car on valet unless i'm actually next to the car, but even then i always arm it. i cant trust any area i leave my car in, especially not after 2 theft attempts.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Around how much is that and what features does it include? This is the first thing I'm doing when I get my R out of winter storage...I'm not driving it anywhere til I get a very secure system installed....seriously.

·
Registered
305 Posts
split917 on Feb/07/04 said:
i never leave my car on valet unless i'm actually next to the car, but even then i always arm it. i cant trust any area i leave my car in, especially not after 2 theft attempts.
I hear ya. I had two myself. but with two airhorns in the engine and in the car,kill switches pedal locks and a paging system I can sleep alot better knowing that myself and the whole street will be awake if anyone touchs my car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts