Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been looking for a new teg (98+ gsr) for little while now, and when i started looking i promised my self i would not buy any other than black, until today i found a great deal on a 98 red gsr, my question is what color do u guys prefer and if the price was right would u go for a red one?
this is my current car, and love the way it looks so clean, i spend alot of time cleaning it, but i think i keep it pretty good for a 95. Im just getting tired of the basic car and now i want a gsr

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know i currently own a 95 black rs and love it, i want to get another black teg so bad, but this deal is just amazing

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
drivers of red cars get 20% more sex. And it looks much cleaner, doesent show dirt, and scracthes are less notable. also did you know drivers of red integras are assured to go to heaven as for dirvers of black tegs well
lol.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Mar/04/04 said:
Quote: Gurgus on Mar/05/04Black cars are scientifically proven to be faster than red cars. and if you believe that, I have some prime waterfront property in the Sahara to sell you.
yeah saying the color is faster is getting pretty annoying around here. especially milano red. civics came in milano red, so they are faster huh?

and i would be more focused on the car mechanically and condition of the paint/body rather than the color.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Black is what I believe the nicest/shiniest color. BUT, i can tell you from one that owns one, it is a biaatch to keep clean. you wash it today and the next day it will look dirty again. but all i can say is when it shines, it shines(bling bling)
Red is a color that alwayse can look clean and easy to keep clean. it is also a color that is easy to bring back to life and is also bright.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
midwesta on Mar/05/04 said:
Quote: MichaelDelaney on Mar/04/04Quote: Gurgus on Mar/05/04Black cars are scientifically proven to be faster than red cars.
and if you believe that, I have some prime waterfront property in the Sahara to sell you.
yeah saying the color is faster is getting pretty annoying around here. especially milano red. civics came in milano red, so they are faster huh?

and i would be more focused on the car mechanically and condition of the paint/body rather than the color.
[/quote]
yes the mechanical aspect is important but if he can find a color he like it will be good in the long run. ie. Cost of having it repainted

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
TeamLosi on Mar/05/04 said:
drivers of red cars get 20% more sex.
Not working for me. My car is PEARL red too. I guess it's because it's so dirty right now it's hard to tell it's color.

I'd get black if you are a hardcore detailer, red if you are not as hardcore.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
red is hot! more attention...yes it goes both ways as far as unwanted attention too but you know what. Both are awesome but I'd choose red, I went through the SAME issue when buying my teg and guess what, I didnt regret my choice!

Pros
1. Milano Red looks aftermarket and its the oNLY exotic car's paint job that goes on a regular sport compact (Milano Red = once NSX's color)
2. Looks HOT even if it's the winter
3. Changes color...in the shade/dark it's deep red...in the sun light it's bright red
4. See less defects in paint then black
5. Noticeable and different.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Black should be for showcars. Swirls show up very easily on them. Most older tegs get the clearcoat failure but black shows it more.

Milano Red fades to pink.

I would pick neither.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Furious94LS on Mar/04/04 said:
Black should be for showcars. Swirls show up very easily on them. Most older tegs get the clearcoat failure but black shows it more.

Milano Red fades to pink.
I agree with Chris on this, make sure both cars are in bgood shape, personally I'd pick red but at this point I think you're better off picking BEST CoNDITIoN PAINT if the cars themselves are equally nice and color is the only concern.

on a side note Milano Red will look stunning if you take care of it right, it wont fade pink and it'll pay off nicely, same with any other color for that matter.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Alvin, sorry I should of stated that. If you get your car new or mint and take care of the red it won't fade. Problem is not everyone is us.lol

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
lol no worries Chris, it does piss me off too that some people dont take care of their paint, just make me wanna throw up when I see a pink (from fading) teg.

But then again if everyone is like TI members our cars wont be as stunning as they are

1 - 20 of 31 Posts