Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying those black housing angel eyes projector headlights for 98+ Integra. I'm wondering if anyone has those headlights and what is the quality of the light being shined compared to the stock headlights.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The housing color doesn't matter on our headlights because they are projectors and do not rely on reflecting the light off the houseing. They talked about this in a thread about DIY black housing.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
try searching for black housing headlights - there are a few posts reagrding this subject already and you can probobly get your answer pretty quickly.

here you go - plenty of posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey, I had these installed on my 2000 Integra. Though the lights work great, I've been having problems with moisture in the lenses. I'm not too sure if this has been a problem with the units or I just received one of those bad quality ones.
THE LIGHTS/ANGEL EYES work great!

·
Registered
300 Posts
i have em on my 2000 teg right now too. the light quality isnt bad but i had the same problem wit the mosture. all you got to do is silicone the cup behind the high beams. i havent had a problem since. ill try and get some pics up later for ya

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Mike,. i've heard of that problem... all you really needed to do was put some sylicon around the lenses... and i'll be stright

Frank

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the information. This has helped me...

Can you kindly provide me with a little more detail.
What type of silicon do I use?
When you say put it around the lenses, do you mean on the outside of the clear plastic?
How do I eliminate the moisture that is currently there?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I bought some of those lights from ebay and was very disappointed in the quality of the lights. I don't know about leaking at all, but the projectors weren't built right. one of them was way off center and unusable. The other one was loose and would have bounced around while driving. Another one had defective halos. I think the quality of these lights is incredibly cheap and you are totally getting what you pay for. I doubt that anyone who has them now will still have the same pair in working order a year from now. I just don't trust the quality of the product. They look tight, but they are very cheaply built. Just make sure you inspect them very closely before putting them in your car. If the seals around the back aren't tight and sealed then you need to return them. Don't try repairing them, just get your money back. You shouldn't have to jimmy rig brand new lights so they work. Inspect them very closely and return them if you see any chance of water getting in.

Just regular silicone will work. You cna get it at any craft store. Its in a tube. Just look in the glue section. Ask someone who works there where to find it. Tell them what you are using it for and they will know exactly what you need. Run a bead around the edge where the lens meets the housing. Also run some around the rubber caps in the back just to make sure it doesn't leak. Just seal everywhere that could let water in. Make sure you check everything out before you do anything though. Make sure it is solid and that all the halos light up. Check the alignment of the projectors and just make sure it looks like your factory ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts