Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I actually love the valve cover, it sets off the car in a crazy manner, because you pop the hood and BAM, it shoots you in the face with that color. Nice choice. :)

BUT,
Why switch a Type R into your GSR? Why not go turbo with that money, since a Type R motor is about the same as Greddy Stage 2 Turbo?

Unless you're going to go N/A, which would be hardcore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh thanks for the comments i forgot to add that im going to change the VC eventually, it was really chipped so i was just messing around with it.. I also want to redo the door panels i dont like the red... need to get them black again

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i like it a lot. keep up the good work. one thing different would be the red door cover, needs to go imo. if thats what you like, then keep it. its your opinion that counts, not mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AlMair on Jan/24/06 said:
I actually love the valve cover, it sets off the car in a crazy manner, because you pop the hood and BAM, it shoots you in the face with that color. Nice choice. :)

BUT,
Why switch a Type R into your GSR? Why not go turbo with that money, since a Type R motor is about the same as Greddy Stage 2 Turbo?

welllllll... this is my 3rd motor.. first one had slight mods.. and blew.. 2nd one... i cant even list everything that was done... bored it to a 2.0 eagle rods, je pistons, blockgard, full skunk2 head with st 2 cams, new TB, skunk IM, and many fuel upgrades... BUT the sleeves started to sink, and the port job on the head was too thin.. so i sold the motor.. i guess the guy fixed it and it put down 198whp on a stock ecu..

so with this motor i just wanted to keep it simple for now but have some pep... it put down a 14.1 with a bad 60ft time.. i think i can put down a 13.8 and thats with just i/h/e

i may add a JRSC later this summer when i buy another car.. so i can let this sit..

·
Registered
92 Posts
topendgsr on Jan/24/06 said:
Quote: AlMair on Jan/24/06I actually love the valve cover, it sets off the car in a crazy manner, because you pop the hood and BAM, it shoots you in the face with that color. Nice choice. :)
BUT,

welllllll... this is my 3rd motor.. first one had slight mods.. and blew.. 2nd one... i cant even list everything that was done... bored it to a 2.0 eagle rods, je pistons, blockgard, full skunk2 head with st 2 cams, new TB, skunk IM, and many fuel upgrades... BUT the sleeves started to sink, and the port job on the head was too thin.. so i sold the motor.. i guess the guy fixed it and it put down 198whp on a stock ecu..

so with this motor i just wanted to keep it simple for now but have some pep... it put down a 14.1 with a bad 60ft time.. i think i can put down a 13.8 and thats with just i/h/e

i may add a JRSC later this summer when i buy another car.. so i can let this sit..
I understand you had a bad 60ft time, but you should still be in the 13s, even if it is 13.8 or .9. My GSR gets 13.9/14 flat when I run it, and I have I/H/C/E. Then again, I have a timer to tell me EXACTLY when to shift (a little red LED that blinks in my face thanks to a great friend of mine.)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey! I noticed you put a switch in one of your armrest blanks in your interior pic... how did you do that??? Did you use the OEM blank piece that fits in there or what? I did mine with a piece of plastic but it doesnt stay in place. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
drivemyintegra on Jan/24/06 said:
Hey! I noticed you put a switch in one of your armrest blanks in your interior pic... how did you do that??? Did you use the OEM blank piece that fits in there or what? I did mine with a piece of plastic but it doesnt stay in place. Thanks!

yes its cut out of an oem blank

ohh i have since added the clock block of plate too.. just no pics

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
why did i ever put a type R wing on my car lol. Dont like the door panels but you already said you were going to change that and the valve cover. Get a black shaved valve cover.. would be SLEEEEEPER status.. only thing i woulda done differently is the muffler, i dont like N1 styles will get pulled over way too much lol. Other than that i think youve done a GREAT job on your teg, sorry to hear about all the blown motors. It seems like youve learned your lesson and decided to keep this one simple and Clean. GOod ****.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks.. i might order the vision corners this week...

the rims are 16in rota gt3's in sport bronze i believe

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.