Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its only at 0.01 cent right now so someone might as well buy one just to see what happens then we can get real feed back

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
*in my best Mr. T voice*

"I pity the foo that buys one of those"

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll buy one....got nothing to lose. I'll pst the results once I install it. Plus I'm really bored

·
Super Moderator
14,182 Posts
oldtrashy on Aug/29/02 said:
I'll buy one....got nothing to lose. I'll pst the results once I install it
your joking right???(sarcasm's hard to tell sometimes on boards)

·
Registered
110 Posts
joking...me?? It's not that much...plus "it's garunteed"!! If it doesnt work, I can get my money back....or I can sue for false advertising.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I emailed someone that bought it asking what it was he commpanit was that it was a 25cent product selling for 30 i'll see if he emails me back.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It sounds like a resistor that is placed inline into the intake air temperature sensor line. Increased resistance in this line makes the car think the intake air is cooler which will cause the ECU to richen things up and advance the timing slightly. The differences are very minimal. This is an old trick. I used it myself 13 years ago when the import aftermarket industry was pretty much non-existent. I did it to richen up the mixture because of other mods. It is of no benefit on a stock car and the richening that can be obtained is probably less than 5%. The timing change is even less. It doesn't work.

·
Registered
386 Posts
someone go to radio shack and find a resistor! but what ohm rating? I wont do it, but i do feel that someone should, lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haha they have these for the MR2 as well.. on that board thats what they said it was , was a resister and was nothing... but when i just looked at it someone bid its at 11cents.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Think about it.

They could be selling you a freaking wrench and not entirely be lying.

If someone's dumb enought to fall for it, then they deserve to get ripped off.

Kinda like the urban legend where a guy made thousands of dollars selling a kit that contained secrets that were "guaranteed to make you money", and all the people got were a note that said "get a job". And they couldn't do nothing cuz the guy never actually lied. (well you may have heard slightly varying versions).

Well, I think this is kind of along those lines.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's nothing more than a wrench with instructions on how to advance your timing.
Notice he said "up to 20 hp".

Which IS possible, let's say if you have a supercharged v-8 car with mal adjusted timing.
You just might be able to squeeze 20 more hp by re-adjusting the timing back to where it should be.

See? he's not lying. It's possible.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is what the guy that bought it and was pissed at the guy emailed me back with
"Rip off, just a resister your replacing your temp.
sensor with a resister. then it noted you must use
premium gas. I can get you the color code next week if
you got to have one. Total cost should of been .25 cent
for part shipping was a standard envolpe and stamp. Some
ebay buyers payed as high as $30.00"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts