Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to get some rims for my 2000 gsr but i'm not sure about the wheels size. I'm not sure if i should go 17 or 18. My question is do you people with 18's and have you car lowered have problems with the tires rubbing the wheelwell? If so what kind. I'm going to lower my car friday and am going to order rims in the next week so any input would really help. Also which wheels should I get, the Axis spider in gunmetal or the motegi ff7 in gloss black. Sorry i don't have a link but you can easily find the rims in a yahoo search. my car is black if that helps. thanks in advanced for your input.

·
Registered
147 Posts
im just sayin, if you get huge rims they look stupid, and contrary to popular belief, they dont make the car go any faster.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
18" will fit so long as you go with a 215/35/18...i would suggest getting the rims first put on that way you know how much wheel gap you will have...than you can decide how much lowering you want to do...or, you can go with coilovers which allows you to adjust the height to your liking...anyways, about you guys saying about speed, that's not the question here so why bring it up...he wants to know what size rims...anyways, lot's of integs are rolling on 18"'s...good luck!

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah. i think they look dumb. my .02 i guess. i was saying about speed because if they look dumb and dont make you go faster then you lose in both aspects of why we love our tegs.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I had 18" M5's a little while ago. My friend let me borrow them for a few weeks to see if I liked them. I felt they were too big so i gave them back. I have 17" M5's right now and I think they fit perfectly!! After I drop it, it will sit perfectly!!

Heres a pic:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn, ya'll are fast, i wasn't expecting a reply until tomorrow but thanks. my plan was to borrow my friend's 18's on to see if they do rub after i lower the car. then decide from there. As for lowering i'm getting coilovers so i can adjust for them. As for the looks I like big. but no bigger than 18's, but thats just my opinion. did you guys get to check out the rims? if so what do ya'll think. one more question the coilovers i'm getting are tein basic coilvers, are they any good? thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kyoushu on Mar/09/04 said:
go 16's. 17's and 18's look like shiat. way too big, and they dont make the car go faster.
I agree waste of money, espicially when you have the stock rotors and calipers, save yourself a extra $200 and get a nice set of 15's or 16's I like Rota's, mod something else.

·
Registered
491 Posts
17's or 18's seem to be what he wants. Why are you people bashing them. There are benefits to a larger rim size. Personally I dont like small rims. Its like giving a whale a tic-tac. Id go 17's.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have 18x7.5's with 215-35's 2" drop and can turn lock to lock with no rubbing whatsoever. I even auto-x with them. people don't realize that the radius of 215/35-18's is only .24 inches bigger than 205/40-17's. Not enough difference to even notice. Mine are for sale $475 btw SHIPPED

·
Registered
428 Posts
all your gonna get here is opinions. so do what YOU want. i like big wheels, so i ordered some 18" rota subzeros in gunmetal w/ polished lip, to replace my 17's.

to each there own.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i would like to say 18's look nice on the Integra if you can go with a light weight set like volks would be of even better benefit so your not rotating a real heavy wheel if you did do anything bigger like 19's it would be over kill (just my oppinion)16's are cool too depending on your preference but not for me unless i'm doing some runs or swapping over for the winter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts