Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im trying to replace my rear shocks and the bolt down at the bottom that holds the shock on is stuck it turns alittle but springs back im guessing its the rubber bushings stoping it how do it get this bolt to come out please help i cant even move my car until this is fixed...

·
Registered
675 Posts
What I did was: Use a ratchet like you nomally would, but pull the bolt at the same time @ the bolts' Shoulder. Soak it w/ WD40 and it should come out quite easily.
Cody

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yes, a friend pushing down on the rotor will help the holes line up better thus it being easier, but try not to force anything out unless a last resort...Be patient.
Cody

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well there is no stress on the bolt cuz everything up top is unbolted already but its stuck in the middle were the rubber is like its almost melted to the bolt.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
impact gun. or bang on the head of the bolt with a hammer if you have to. we just had this problem last weekend on another TI members car, whatever you do don't snap the bolts. We ended up having to burn the bushings out of both LCA's. spray it with anything you can find ie. liquid wrench, WD-40, Naval Jelly. Like Cody said be patient cause the bolt is probably rusted to the bushing like you said

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
the dreaded rear LCA bolt...search for a thread on LCA bolts started by Justin Klemgold, there are a ton of LCA threads on TI.net, but none of them get as comprehensive as that one, there are some REALLY good suggestions in there...

i knew about the problem ahead of time, and a week before i started my install i took my car to a mechanic and had him blow torch them out for me...cost $125 but i was gonna have to pay someone anyway, as i didnt have any impact tools or blow torches...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Edited by idrincwater at 02/15/2004 09:59:15 PM

In Reply To:
impact gun. or bang on the head of the bolt with a hammer if you have to. we just had this problem last weekend on another TI members car, whatever you do don't snap the bolts. We ended up having to burn the bushings out of both LCA's. spray it with anything you can find ie. liquid wrench, WD-40, Naval Jelly. Like Cody said be patient cause the bolt is probably rusted to the bushing like you saidBanging it doesn't sound like too great of an idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.