Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys who has bigbrakes? I was thinking of wilwoods but now I found out that there are Powerslot Plus. it is a bigbrake rotor 12"!!!! and a caliper relocation bracket. So i was thinking of using ITR calipers or jsut my stock GSR with these large rotors. luckily I have 17 inch rims to fit all that. what are your thoguhts?

any have the poweslot big brakes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the aem big brake kit on my car (Rotors and caliper relocaters). Overall, braking quality had improved, but i feel you could get just as much investing in a good set of pads, rotors lines and fluid. With lighter wheels, maybe in a 16, your braking should be awesome. Although, those large 2 piece slotted and crossdrilled rotors looked good behind a 17.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool. thanks. Yeah the big brakes would look good behind 17 inch rims. (whihc again were not my decision but came with the car) and I can save some money. I think I will jsut get some regular powerslots.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have wilwoods in my car... Sorry its like day and night for braking for my experiences. Yes stock can do a good job if you drive normally or dont speed and tailgate or anything else illegal or when you dont go on a power trip. But it was worth that 500 for the wilwood in my opinion. Yes you do need 17's to clear and sometimes that sucks cause you cant run winter beaters but brakes are one of my top concerns. one of the best investments I've made to my car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually it does make sense because you still have better heat dissepation properties with the larger discs. Where it doesnt make much sense is that it can ađd a lot of unsprung weight. one solution to this is 2-piece rotors which have aluminum hats. Sometimes these can end up weighing about the same as a stock sized solid rotor. The only reason why i went back down to stock sized rotors was that im going to be doing more autoXing than track driving and i want to run 15s. If i were going to be doing more track driving i would go to the larger 2-piece rotors to help resist fade. Obviously, larger calipers would be preferable, but hey, you gotta take what you can get.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Doesnt moving the caliper up for that bigger rotor increase brake tq right there by giving the caliper more leverage?Atleast thats what I thought I was reading some time back when I reasearched this.

And also it just doesnt seem worth while for a performance gain when the rotor is like 12 inches.
Anybody ever looked at the faq and saw in how many feet a stock itr stops from 60?Best thing about that is 100% oem parts just how can you beat that?This may be way out there but considering that an enzo stops from 60 in like 105 ft and a stock itr in 116 I really dont think a non engineer is gonna make an integra stop better than the stock itr.
If you just want bling behind your wheels then hell yeah 13 inch 2 piece crossdrilled slotted forged cryotreated carbon ceramic with 8 piston calipers is the way to go :cool:

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Funny how those HondaChallenge H4 cars use stock calipers and rotors and I've never heard them complain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.