Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im using craftsmans sparkplug sockets and ratchet and extensions..but my sparkplugs always stick too hard onto the socket causing my socket to get stuck. I have to carefully put the sparkplug in the right spot and use a regular 5/8 socket to tighten it. does anyone else have any other sockets and other extensions that grip the socket hard so i can pull it out without the extension slipping out of the sparkplug socket?

and when i looked at my sparkplugs i notice theres some greyish ash on the tips accompanied by some white spots..are my spark plugs going bad? i have bosch platinum +4 and i have a 94 ls...

any suggestions for both? thanx...

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah it happens to me too. I just live with it. I put the plug in the socket just barely so that it doesn't fall out, screw the plug in a little, pull out the socket, and get a regular 5/8 deep socket to finish off the tightening.

How long have you had those plugs in there? Sounds like you are running too hot of a plug and may want to try one step colder.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah that would be a good idea. The 60k recommended service interval for platinum plugs is extremely pushing it like the recommended 7500 mile oil change interval.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahah alrite...thanx man...knew i could count on u surfer..thas some pretty fast response...are u like. refreshing the homepage..over and over again...bored at work or something? haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts