Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 94 GS-R. How do I get the fastest start time? Do I rev to Redline and just dump the clutch? I think the wheels would spin. I heard from a friend that i should probably rev it to 2000 rpm and then dump it, and then give it a lot of gas, but he's not sure for a 'teg. Thanks alot-
Voltaire

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lemme rephrase the last few sentences..... rev to 2000, dump the clutch and then floor it. there. Thanks-
Voltaire

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
first off DO NOT REV TO REDLINE AND JUST DUMP THE CLUTCH!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!! (not trying to be an asshole just trying to make the point clear
lol) ok there are many different techniques to launching. this is what i like to do. hold rpms at around 2900-3000, feather the clutch a lil, and then mash the accelerator. this really is a feel type of thing. just practice and find the best technique for you that puts the power down and doesnt give ya wheelspin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh i know, redlining then dropping is stupid; thats why i havent done it yet. just asking, and making sure...btw, wouldn't just feathering the clutch then mooshing the gas burn the clutch? thanks

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
again this is all sort of a hairy area because it depends on everybodies technique and howthey actually do it. when i am feathering the clutch i am not "mooshing lol" the gas at the same time. while i am feathering the clutch i am giving it the right abount of gas until the clutch completly engages, and then i mash the pedal. and the amount of difference in clutch wear between feathering it and dumping it is very close. feathering is probably a little worse but remember, if you are launching hard, its gonna be hard on the clutch no matter what.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yaya, thanks man.. so in conclusion, take it up to 3000....gotcha. Thanks bro!
Voltaire

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I've tried countless times at the track on the same day and came to a conclusion that spinning the tires until you hook in the powerband is the best way. I'll spin the tires for a second or two to clean them off, pull up to the line and rev to around 4k and then drump the clutch. Of course you might wanna drop the tire psi a little so you dont get too much wheel hop...
At this point I'll hook around 5k rpm and pulled a 15.1 with just an AEM CAI.
Goodluck...trial and error is the best way =)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
hey im just sayin that what i do, that doesnt mean thats the best way for you. ya know? you should also try dumping the clutch at certain intervals and feathering at certain intervals and just see which one you launch better with with less wheelspin.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i do the same technique but i launch higher, since i launch higher i have to feather it lighter than he does and gas has to be balanced corresponding to the clutch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts