Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the the best way to remove these bad boys? I have a g3. the new emblems should cover the holes right?(i havent got them yet)
thanx 4 the help

·
Registered
482 Posts
FlyinHighImport on Sep/22/02 said:
just what i came up with...just look in this list and you'll find the answer clicky
That links doesn't work anymore.. (obviously since I'm replying to a six year old thread).

How do you remove these guys? I want to do the DIY red emblems... but I want to get them off in one piece without hurting my paint or anything.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Dental floss is what I used. Wrap it around the emblem a few times and start tugging. lol

A WARNING though: It might damage your emblems if you do it this way. 1 of the A's and the Acura badge broke for me. I was replacing them with Honda ones though so I didn't really care.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
^^or fishing line

·
Registered
482 Posts
So basically get something thin behind them, and pull straight out evenly so that they don't snap. Then when they come off there is two holes (both front emblem and back emblem). I can then do the DIY Red Acura emblems and stick them back on with those two pins?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have seen people on here say the back is easier to remove... but the front has washer-type things holding on the two pins. Is the only safe way to avoid braking the front one to remove the bumper?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Just got a jdm front end conversion, and im not sure wether to take off all the emblems completely or not. My car is black and if i do decide to replace the emblems with honda ones, can some one tell me if jdm black stock integras come with red one as well or chrome ones?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i recently bought both H emblems and the H-O-N-D-A badge to replace the Acura one but the honda one doesnt have the two pins that the Acura one does? will the honda one cover up the holes?

·
Registered
119 Posts
A heat gun or a blow dryer to heat up the glue so that it doesn't take your paint with it and it will make it hard to break in the cold. Some fishing line to get behind it and a little goo gone to get rid of the residue.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
UNEXPECTED62 on Jul/13/08 said:
I have seen people on here say the back is easier to remove... but the front has washer-type things holding on the two pins. Is the only safe way to avoid braking the front one to remove the bumper?
revive the old thread sorry guys, but is this true? im having an extremely hard time removing the front emblem because it just wont come out. it seems like theres somthing holding on to it in the back of the front bumper. I got the back very easily but the front wont freggin move. will i have to remove the front bumper for this?

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Here's the deal. The front emblems have one way press on metal rings. You've got a couple options:

1. take off the bumper, look at them, cut or dremel them off and the emblem will slide off (after you peel the tiny bit of tape)
2. Break the emblem off and press the "nubs" through the holes and put on your other emblem.

Those metal things are oNE WAY so you have to cut them off to save the emblem.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
so your telling me that i have to basically saw of or cut the prongs holding those emblems in? otherwise id have to remove the front bumper? alright well ill try sawing it off haha, will the leftover pieces inside just fall straight out allowing me to put the oem emblem back on if need be?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts