Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, Ive done searches for the power steering removal, I know what it will give me. Im ready to do it, however, Im not sure the best way, noone has covered that. Can I just pull the belt off? Do I have to cut it, also Im not even positive as to which belt it is, Im almost sure its the very top (most easily accessible one) to the right of the motor, is this correct??? thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, Ive been trying to remove the belt, its seeming like its not gonna happen unless I cut it, is this the only way to get it done by tonight?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i see this as being more and more talked about. the only outcome i see is a lot of minor parking lot fender benders cuz you can't steer your car. it's probably fine when up to speed, but i don't think i want to break a sweat trying to park my car. plus from what i hear it only frees up a few hp... not even noticable at the pedal.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I speak from experience. It is noticable "in the pedal" and its worth a tenth and a half. Any gains from the weight, I havent tested yet. BTW,nospeedlimit, I only weigh 130 and I turn the wheel w/my palm, when Im parking.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I'm starting to think about this mod myself. I had a CRX Si and loved the feel, but in parking situations (dead stop) I usually used two hands. I certainly couldn't palm it. This has been why I haven't considered this mod. Has anyone who has done this also had a CRX Si? I would like to know how the effort compares.

·
Registered
743 Posts
InOcULaNcE on Sep/13/02 said:
is it a bad idea to remove it when your at the track and put it back on when your done....or does it take to long??
no, easy on, easy off. REAL easy if you have golves,its pretty hot under there at the track!

·
Registered
743 Posts
kelly on Sep/13/02 said:
I'm starting to think about this mod myself. I had a CRX Si and loved the feel, but in parking situations (dead stop) I usually used two hands. I certainly couldn't palm it. This has been why I haven't considered this mod. Has anyone who has done this also had a CRX? I would like to know how the effort compares.
Ive got a freind that runs a crx (8.4 in the 8th). Its a tad harder.(ive drove his). At speed its easier in the teg, I guess its the quicker rate. But low speed, the crx wins.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok well Ive been drivin like this for a few days now so here are my thoughts to all who are thinkin of trying it. I do notice a difference, however Im stock, and I think the only reason I notice is because it gives me a little oomph till I get to my powerband. Outside the powerband of my car has always been pathetic, so thats a plus. The steering thing was a problem, mainly parking, but Ive noticed tonight that Ive gotten used to it so its not so bad. Plus its a change, and a good change, and to me good change in my daily driving is always cool and somewhat exciting. I also feel like I have more control now. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
it makes 3 whp across the entire rpm range.

if you think this will gain 1.5 tenths in the 1/4 mile, then I have some prime water front real estate in the Gobi desert I want to sell to your family.

butt dyno impressions when it comes to performance gains are not helpful to anyone...I've stated why many times here already...just search under "butt dyno" in the search function...I'm not joking either.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I'd consider it worthwhile for a car that sees a non-1/4 track. Steering response is go-cart like.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/14/02 said:
it makes 3 whp across the entire rpm range.

if you think this will gain 1.5 tenths in the 1/4 mile, then I have some prime water front real estate in the Gobi desert I want to sell to your family.

butt dyno impressions when it comes to performance gains are not helpful to anyone...I've stated why many times here already...just search under "butt dyno" in the search function...I'm not joking either.

your right md, it was an tenth and a half in the 8th mile.
9.98s on, 9.83 off.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i read that honda-tech article in the civic rack link..i want to go out and do this rite now but is there a way to take it out without buying anything? is there a way to take it out simply like wut lost youth did but without cutting anything?? thank you

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im sure you would be able to pull it off with the right tools, I.E. daylight, pliers, etc etc. I didnt have these tools so I tried pulling it off with my hands.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts