Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through the article sections but am still lost on which turbo and size would be best for my car (a 94 jdm b18b ls motor). I'll have somewhere around $3500 to spend. Any opinions on which size, brand, and how much they are would be appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing too extravagant but maybe somewhere in the range of 200-250. It all depends on the cost. If I can get more hp than that for around 3500 bucks than I would. Pretty much the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
ok here is the thing Nick, to have a very reliable setup done right, you will need more then 3500 and thats if you install it yourself.

I paid 2500 for a greddy kit, with intercooler and piping and blow off valve, oil pan, SS oil lines. And thats for a used kit and thats kinda a deal, with the 24v IC which is fairly big.

Now that doesnt even cover the fuel management, and if you want to do it right then get a standalone, dont even think about something else cheaper, and dont take the mindset I can only afford this at this time, I will upgrae later..

A Hondata can cost you 425 for a ECU with boost, plus tuning time.

so if you buy a drag kit for 3200 lets say, you might need some more money for other misc thing like gauges/hoses/DP fitment.........

and this is all without labor on the install......

make a list of all you would need, then start to look at prices, the revhard kits are nice, external waste gates, intercooler included and a t3/t4 no cracking problem of boost creep, all for like 2800 or so.

just save up and do it all at once, this is something you dont want to cut corners on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.