Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a full GSR transmission with a Quaife LSD. Well unfortunately at the track i started hearing clicking coming from the trans so I pulled it and a chunk of the case chipped a tooth on my final drive. Now while I have it apart I'd like to optimize my gearing for my needs. Here's my current approximate speed per gear with my turbo B18A:
1st: 37mph
2nd: 60mph
3rd: 79mph
4th: 103mph
5th: 142mph

If possible I'd like to bump up the top speed a bit without building my head to raise the RPM. I heard LS 5th gear but I'm not sure how many mph that will add in 5th if anyone could help. I am very close to topping out on straights at the tracks (around 135mph). I'm getting ready to add about another 100hp so I will definitely be topping out at the track and that is a no no.

·
Registered
1998 Integra LS prepared for Road Racing
28 Posts
Do you have a B16 trans?? If that is the case, that one has a pretty short final drive. Depending on the top speed you are looking for, a GSR trans will bump your top speed some and an LS trans will get you a bit more top speed also. You could also try a slightly taller tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts