Team Integra Forums banner

Best tranny for a JDM B16A?

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  IntegraRsNj 
#1 ·
Hey whats up guys, I got a JDM B16A with a GSR tranny jus wanted to know if anyone thinks there is a better tranny out there for this motor

#27 ·
BLuE_By_YoU on Feb/25/04 said:
It should'nt be that hard to figure out..I meant if you're running a very high powered B16 (turbo charged,head work blah blah blah) then any tranny will do including the stock G2 tranny(RS,LS etc...)
Wow, what a DUMBASS statement! Any tranny will do? Why IN THE f**kING HELL would you spend thousands to make your motor be that powerful, and then use a $200 tranny that causes you to have over 15% less torque to the ground?

Think before you type please, or do some research or SOMETHING!

Ever heard of torque multiplication? Learn it, love it, live it.

#28 ·
timpac167 on Feb/25/04 said:
Case in point #1. B16 turbo charged engine running a close gear ratio B16 tranny. Sure the close geared transmission lays down more torque than an LS tranny. But what if your redline upshift lands you in the part of your powerband that has so much torque that you wheel spin every gear? You'd need to solve the problem of traction lost at every shift.
If you can spend that much money to put that much power to the ground, why not spend a little more and get some slicks or drag radials etc?

Oh damn, my engine's putting down too much power, I better slow it down!

You could have made a valid argument about staying in boost or powerband, but no.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.