Team Integra Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
dexmix on Feb/23/04 said:
Quote: hpracing007 on Feb/15/04If you consider a shorter geared tranny, remember that cruising on the highway will kill gas milage. If you don't care, by all means get a JDM ITR tranny.
rpm's do not dictate gas mileage. throttle position would be more correct.
Are you 100% sure about that? So you you have to near identical Integras. Same year, trim, and options. Now lets say these cars are both LS's. one has a stock LS tranny the other has a Type R/Si tranny. Gas economy will for sure be affect when cruising on the highway. . .like hpracing007 said. The difference is that at 65 the LS tranny there will be less RPM's. Where as the Type R tranny will be at a higher RPM. Now two cars going indentical speeds, the car that is in a lower gear is revving more than the other that is in a higher or in this case the one with the tighter gearing from the type R.

hpracing007 on Feb/16/04 said:
Ah, the G2. great car as well as the B16 motor. Maybe I wasn't paying too close attentions, could the gearset fit? or the final drive?
Sure, but let's be realistic, how many people swap gears around? Why buy two trannies? And the b16 isn't THAT great of a motor, it the tight trannies that it is usually mated with along with its higher redline that make it any faster than the b18 non-vtec motors.

timpac167 on Feb/23/04 said:
Quote: BLuE_By_YoU on Feb/22/04Damn skippy that's exactly it. I just gathered some pretty good info from my brother in law he's a mechanic and told me that anything other than the stock G2 tranny is gonna be a bother to install because it will require different mounts and i think he said the mounts would have to be relocated and he also said that if you got alot of horses runnin on the B16 then the stock tranny will do. Any truth to this?
Everything except the last line is pretty much right.
Everything is pretty much right? How about no!

Anything other than the stock G2 tranny will be hard to install? So you're saying the DIRECT FIT of a JDM B16 or USDM B17 tranny would be problematic?

And if you 'got a lot of horses' then you should keep the looser tranny in order to make sure you don't go fast? He doesn't know anything about 'a lot of horses' rather 'a lot of horsesh*t'. Stop listening to him.

SPRIGGAN on Feb/23/04 said:
I also vote for the JDM Type R Tranny if you have the funds. My friend has a JDM B16A in his 4 door civic with a JDM Type R Tranny and that tranny works wonders. Just the other day he ran a 15.2 at the track with some sh*tty tires.
That's not so great really.

BLuE_By_YoU on Feb/25/04 said:
It should'nt be that hard to figure out..I meant if you're running a very high powered B16 (turbo charged,head work blah blah blah) then any tranny will do including the stock G2 tranny(RS,LS etc...)
Wow, what a DUMBASS statement! Any tranny will do? Why IN THE f**kING HELL would you spend thousands to make your motor be that powerful, and then use a $200 tranny that causes you to have over 15% less torque to the ground?

Think before you type please, or do some research or SOMETHING!

Ever heard of torque multiplication? Learn it, love it, live it.

timpac167 on Feb/25/04 said:
Case in point #1. B16 turbo charged engine running a close gear ratio B16 tranny. Sure the close geared transmission lays down more torque than an LS tranny. But what if your redline upshift lands you in the part of your powerband that has so much torque that you wheel spin every gear? You'd need to solve the problem of traction lost at every shift.
If you can spend that much money to put that much power to the ground, why not spend a little more and get some slicks or drag radials etc?

Oh damn, my engine's putting down too much power, I better slow it down!

You could have made a valid argument about staying in boost or powerband, but no.........

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.