Team Integra Forums banner

Best tranny for a JDM B16A?

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  IntegraRsNj 
#1 ·
Hey whats up guys, I got a JDM B16A with a GSR tranny jus wanted to know if anyone thinks there is a better tranny out there for this motor

Discussion starter · #12 ·
hpracing007 on Feb/16/04 said:
Quote: Louse76 on Feb/16/04Much credible info on the site has shown that that is not as true as most have thought.
Also, if you were paying attention, you would know that a JDM ITR tranny won't fit on his teg.
Ah, the G2. great car as well as the B16 motor. Maybe I wasn't paying too close attentions, could the gearset fit? or the final drive?

Maybe we should pay attention to exactly what he wants to accomplish with the car before recommending him this tranny and that tranny. That's what I should have recommended.
[/quote]
Damn skippy that's exactly it. I just gathered some pretty good info from my brother in law he's a mechanic and told me that anything other than the stock G2 tranny is gonna be a bother to install because it will require different mounts and i think he said the mounts would have to be relocated and he also said that if you got alot of horses runnin on the B16 then the stock tranny will do. Any truth to this?

Discussion starter · #18 ·
timpac167 on Feb/23/04 said:
Quote: BLuE_By_YoU on Feb/22/04Damn skippy that's exactly it. I just gathered some pretty good info from my brother in law he's a mechanic and told me that anything other than the stock G2 tranny is gonna be a bother to install because it will require different mounts and i think he said the mounts would have to be relocated and he also said that if you got alot of horses runnin on the B16 then the stock tranny will do. Any truth to this?
Everything except the last line is pretty much right. Not necessarily a G2 tranny, but anything other than a B-series cable tranny is difficult to install.

What are you talking about in the last statement? Are you implying that if you were running a high powered B16 motor is only when you should use a stock tranny? What is alot of horses? What stock tranny? Clarify, this is the internet, not the forum of wizards and mind readers.
It should'nt be that hard to figure out..I meant if you're running a very high powered B16 (turbo charged,head work blah blah blah) then any tranny will do including the stock G2 tranny(RS,LS etc...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.