Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i wanna buy new speakers for the front and back of my 2 door 1998 integra ls but i dont want to have to mod nething for the depth or nething else. can any1 recommend the best/least expensive speakers that i can get for the front and back that will just go right in? k thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
best and cheapest are two words that shouldn't be put in the same sentance. Your car already has the components up front correct? I'd just go around to places like sound advice etc and listen to what you thinks sounds best, how good something sounds will depend on the person who is listening to it, just depends how picky you are.
Ryan

·
Registered
246 Posts
G3gocart on Apr/09/04 said:
best and cheapest are two words that shouldn't be put in the same sentance. Your car already has the components up front correct? I'd just go around to places like sound advice etc and listen to what you thinks sounds best, how good something sounds will depend on the person who is listening to it, just depends how picky you are.
Ryan
yep yep, and just for the record stock size is 6.5 in the front AND rear i believe

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think the rears are 5.25's but 6.5's fit. Thats what I have in mine. I went with MB Quart all around, very happy with them...they aren't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. And with speakers it really shows. I have 6.5 componets in the front and 6.5 coaxiles in back.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I bought a set of the Polk db components (6.5) for the fronts, and they fit in the basket perfectly, once the foam ring they came with was put in. They sound great, even with a stock hu.

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
for about the zillionth time: the speakers are 6.5" all the way around (its the same OEM speakers even in most cases), but 5.25" will fit with making new holes

as for the thread starter here: if you want "best", then look forward to spending 30 mins to modify the stock front speaker holders so you can fit some decent speakers in there, don't waste your time with cheap and inferior "drop right in" speakeers.... you'll regret it more than likely...

but then again, no one can tell you what you think is "good", "better", "best" for your own ears except for: you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok im gonna go with modifying if i have to cuz i saw that its not has hard as i thought it was on the articles. now.. for the front should i get a component set or just speakers? whats the pros n cons of each and also can any1 recommend ne good setups for the front n back if im willing to spend up to $250?? k thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would recommend going to a car audio store and listen to the speakers they have. Then you can decide for yourself what you like best.

·
Registered
134 Posts
a zillion is a lot of times. If your willing to spend around $250 NyInTeGrA you should be able to get a pretty good set-up for your mids and highs. Just do like Crownroyal said and go listen to some at a audio shop and pick out what you like. You should have some good choices around that price range.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you running a stock HU or have you upgraded?
If you have not yet done so, or you really like the stock set up, look for replacement speakers with high sensitivity 91db-92db. You can get the most bang for your non-amped system this way. The higher the db the more efficient, cleaner and louder you system will sound on the limited amount of juice a head unit alone can provide. I went with Polk 525 6.5 speakers because they have a silk dome tweeter. This smoothes out signal interferences better on high tone notes which can make a titanium or other metal dome tweeter sound tingie, (not sure if tingie is a word but I hope you know what I mean. They carry a 93db rating. And the run under $100 a pair. Sorry If I go on and on. I just spent a lot of years and a lot of money upgrading my audio systems. When in doubt.....trust your own ears. These speakers just really impressed me a lot for their price. Yes, I once sold speakers......but long before I did that.....I thought I was an expert. Good Luck

If you made it this far, but you don't have a stock HU let me know and I might be able to help guide you at least away from all the crap out there. I obviously have way to much time on my hands.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea im still running the stock HU, im thinking about changing it one day but im not sure if i should, i dont have the money for it now so ill prb just get speakers first, i went to best buy today, wasnt much of a selection, only good stuff they had was some pioneer speakers and sony xplod, i wanna find some place with rocksford and kicker

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you can, demo a pair of CDT's, Crystals, and MB Quarts. You should be able to find all of those within your budget. In my opinion, they all offer excellent sounding 6.5" components.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts