Team Integra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just finished doing this today... Some of the 10mm bolts were a PITA lol But thanks again melt for the tutorial. Also would like to add steering and response is excellent!:vtec228:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just did this and love it.

I broke one of my lines taking it out because everything was rusty, but definitely like it over power steering.

Awesome thread!

·
Registered
1 Posts
so ill be doing mine here soon and yes im new on here and i was just woundering i looked at other threads and fourms and saw people have used a breather as well i dont get the point so i would like to know would adding a breather really do anything if you loop it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this delete this week, since my power steering keeps leaking.. Quick question though, how do I know if I have taken enough fluid out? Do I just turn it lock to lock once?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sweet, seems like advance auto parts has the hose barb in the right size too. So going to be picking that up and probably a new hose since mine is leaking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
awesome write up for such a clean simple method, good job man. im not a fan of hydraulic p/s.. if i didnt go with an ehps "electric hydro power steering" system in my integra id be doing this no questions asks. especially with a breather just cause im curious like that lol...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for the write-up man. Snapped one of my lines cause the bolt was seized due to rust. Tee'd off into OEM reservoir with some spare 3/8 hose. Didn't remove enough fluid though so turning is a ***** at high speeds. I'll try draining more tomorrow.

Awesome stuff!

·
Registered
1 Posts
deffinently doing this asap ive been leaking ps fluid for about a week and cant afford a new pump, this thread just gave me hope haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
My rack and pinion boot is torn and leaking ps fluid, which makes me guess that the seals inside the rack have gone bad, if I remove the ps altogether, will this stop the leak? Or should I go ahead and just change the rack and pinion?

121 - 140 of 176 Posts