Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some component speakers, and i'm wondering where is the best place to mount them? thanks.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I put my drivers side x-over in the drivers side kick panel, and the passenger side I installed on the very upper left part of the passenger feet area under the carpet, and the black rubber insulations under the carpet, you cant tell it is there, and it is out of the doors, out of the possibitly of getting wet in the doors

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
That's where they are in my door... hopefully you can figure out where its at since its not a wide shot...

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Anyone else have any other ideas?
I've heard that mounting them in the doors is not a good idea because it would be hard to get to if you need to adjust them.

·
Registered
567 Posts
personally, i'm gonna go with diamonds idea. is 16ga good enough wire to get a good signal from trunk up to the front?

·
Registered
999 Posts
is there a way to do it like diamonds only mount them flush in the door...and put some sort of plexiglass thing over it...mounted flush with the door...i think that would look kinda tight...maybe a neon light inside...actually maybe not...but whatever...anyone seen anything like this done/know how to do it...let me know...my sh*t is goin in tuesday and i wanna know

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
marltonteg on Dec/27/02 said:
is there a way to do it like diamonds only mount them flush in the door...and put some sort of plexiglass thing over it...mounted flush with the door...i think that would look kinda tight...maybe a neon light inside...actually maybe not...but whatever...anyone seen anything like this done/know how to do it...let me know...my sh*t is goin in tuesday and i wanna know
There is a way to do anything. It's just have the imagination, creativity and time to complete it. If you wanted to flush out your crossovers. Placing them where the pocket is would be a great place since you probably would have enough depth. The bad part would be, you would lose your pocket and would have to refinsh the whole door panel. Refinishing a door panel is not simple at all. There are some many curves to deal with. Vinyling this is very difficult.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think it would be hard to make the inside of the door look good. Maybe if the window was very small, etc. But then again, personally, I like everything to look stock...

My crossovers don't permit this, but I've thought it would be nice to be able to place the crossovers near the door handle. That way you could adjust the crossovers by taking off the handle, and not the whole door.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts