Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my alarm installed at circuit city a couple months ago and the shock sensor is not sensitive at all. you practicly have to dent the door for it to even warn you. the guy said it is set at its highest sensitivity setting. I assume it has to do with where he mounted it. does anyone know where is the best place to mount the sensor? below is a pic of where it is now. pictures would be the best way to show me. thanks.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
DEI alarm, make sure that the sensor is not too solid. After many installs I see DEI shock sensors working when tied to something so-so-sturdy. may wanna try to zip tie it to another bundle of wires. just my $.02

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now its attached to that piece of metal and I guess he figured sense its on metal it would pick up all the vibration, but thats not so in this case. that metal plate must be isolated from the surrounding area. if i attached it to a bundle of wires, wouldnt the wires act as an absorber and the sensor not feel vibrations as much?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
usually the DEI sensors are pretty sensitive, mine is turned most the way down, zip-tied to a bundle of wires near the stearing column. You also dont want it too sensitive otherwise people will get used to your car alarm going off and not paying attention. The alarm is to keep people out, not to keep people from walking by. My alarm has gone off a total of 4 times. There is a dent in my door for each time. I know if my alarm has gone off, something has happened.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
so are you saying the box itself is the sensor? (mine is zip-tied to some wires near the steering column)

the sensitivity adjust knob - which way is more sensitive and which way is less? (clockwise vs. counter-clockwise) i think counter-clockwise is more sensitive but i just want someone else to confirm with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts