Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dident find a specific thread with this listed, was thinking about it and ive asked a few friends but they cant remember which one they used. Is there one that is really easy to install yet looks really good when done? (i know most need modifying and tinkering to actually fit) Im stuck between these two on what would fit/look better:

> 830 Radio Mounting Stereo Install Trim Installation Single Double DIN Dash Kit | eBay

> 828 Radio Mounting Stereo Install Trim Installation Single DIN Dash Kit w Pocket | eBay

Bought a sochse kit or w/e from walmart and it was complete garbage, came with a pocket but told me i couldnt use the pocket in the instructions.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
There isn't really a difference in the install for any of the major brands (Metra or Scosche), stick with one of those two WITH THE EXCEPTION of buying them at stores like WalMart, as they sell the low quality "fits many many cars" (well supposed to anyways) version

This Scosche kit is solid:
HA1563B | by Scosche

This is the Metra version:
Metra Part # 99-7892 | Honda Accord Dash kit | Metra Online

The key with both: follow the damned directions! There are tabs that need to be broken off and tabs that need to stay for it to snap in properly

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn't really a difference in the install for any of the major brands (Metra or Scosche), stick with one of those two WITH THE EXCEPTION of buying them at stores like WalMart, as they sell the low quality "fits many many cars" (well supposed to anyways) version

This Scosche kit is solid:
HA1563B | by Scosche

This is the Metra version:
Metra Part # 99-7892 | Honda Accord Dash kit | Metra Online

The key with both: follow the damned directions! There are tabs that need to be broken off and tabs that need to stay for it to snap in properly

Thank you :) I had another quick question...are there suppose to be any original brackets for them to actually go on...I bought my car as a shell and haven't really been worried about the radio parts as much until recently. Ill post a picture of how it looks in a moment.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Thank you :) I had another quick question...are there suppose to be any original brackets for them to actually go on...I bought my car as a shell and haven't really been worried about the radio parts as much until recently. Ill post a picture of how it looks in a moment.
No, the OEM radio mounts completely different than an aftermarket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts