Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting my car converted to obd1, but I’m not sure which ecu is the best for my b20b low comp. I’d like to get it tuned to gain atleast a little bit of power from my mods. I heard p75 is a good ecu for the b20?

· Administrator
4,626 Posts
There's not a "best" ECU. Below is a list of ECU's that can be utilized:

ECUCountryVehicle of Origin
PR3JDMIntegra XSi
PR4US92-93 Integra LS/GS
P06US92-95 Civic DX
P08JJDM92-95 Civic D15z
P28US92-95 Civic Si/EX
P30-AUS92-95 Del Sol VTEC
P30-OJDM92-95 Civic/CRX
P30-GAsia/Euro92-95 Civic/CRX
P61US92-93 Integra GSR
P72US94-95 Integra GSR
P72JJDM92-95 Integra VTEC
P74US94 Integra LS/GS
P75US95 Integra LS/GS

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for you input. From the looks of it, a p74 or p75 is what I can utilize for my build of a stock internals fbo b20. Unless a p72 with a b20 tune for now then if I go vtec head in the future I wont have to change out ecu again, would you agree?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My stock ecu is pr4 odb0 I believe, the guy that works on my car recommended to get the car converted to obd1 for that gives me better option than the pr4. I’ll probably go with the p72 and get it loaded with a b20 tune, since I do plan to go vtec in the future, of course I’m gonna have to wire vtec if I get it

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can certainly utilize a P72, but what I'm saying above is that you don't need to use a VTEC ecu to enable VTEC. P72 ECU's are hard to come by, and you're limiting your options on finding an ECU if you're sticking with wanting a P72, for whatever the reason by you.
I have another question if you’re still around. Now that I’m getting a conversion for obd1, do I need to also convert my injectors to obd1 and delete the resistor box? I’m planning to get a basemap or tune not sure which to get thats why I’m asking, would I still be able to get my car tuned with it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts