Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I’m a bit uneducated when it comes to suspension. I wanted to know what would be a good coilover choice for my 91’ GS 4 door. I decided that I’m finally ready to get this out of the way, but tried doing research without a good direction to start. Thank you for any suggestions!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If you daily the car and looking for a drop and do not want to sacrifice quality, I would recommend Tein. They only have the Street Basis Z for your vehicle...there's no dampening adjustment if that is important to you (to make the ride softer or stiffer) Generally Tein spring rates are pretty decent for keeping a daily driver sane and providing a little sportiness. At least when I had Tein S Tech springs on my 97 LS coupe.

Best price I found is $552, and honestly, I think that's a good price for quality coilovers.

But, ultimately, as jjkz24 said, how the vehicle is used is important. I'm just assuming with my recommendation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you using the vehicle? Street? Autocross? Show? Drag? Knowing this will help assist you.
This’ll be for street use. I’ll be moving back to my home state Virginia, so I’m not too worried about additional things such as dampening since the roads are pretty nice there. I appreciate the response!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you daily the car and looking for a drop and do not want to sacrifice quality, I would recommend Tein. They only have the Street Basis Z for your vehicle...there's no dampening adjustment if that is important to you (to make the ride softer or stiffer) Generally Tein spring rates are pretty decent for keeping a daily driver sane and providing a little sportiness. At least when I had Tein S Tech springs on my 97 LS coupe.

Best price I found is $552, and honestly, I think that's a good price for quality coilovers.

But, ultimately, as jjkz24 said, how the vehicle is used is important. I'm just assuming with my recommendation.
Thank you so much! in the future I’ll look into something with the additional adjustments, but for now I just want to get that sporty look and added control.
I wanted to get info on these as I just got around to finding the wheels I’d like to purchase.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Thank you so much! in the future I’ll look into something with the additional adjustments, but for now I just want to get that sporty look and added control.
I wanted to get info on these as I just got around to finding the wheels I’d like to purchase.
No problem! Good luck and post some pics when you get the new suspension on!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ground control sleeves with koni yellows(rebuildable)/Kyb agx or tokico Illuminas (not rebuildable but cheaper) shocks would be an awesome setup. This is the best setup for less than $1200 in my opinion. Fully servicable and rebuildable too.
Do some research and you’ll see for you self as this is the general consensus.

ground control will tailor your rates toyour intended use if you send them a message and let them know what your looking to do with your car.

I highly recommend ground control sleeves with a shock that matches your intended use.

·
Banned
310 Posts
not sure about the other listed but i have had my yonaka coils on my 91 hatch for 2 or 3 years now daily driven with no issues. i have spent more on other brands that did not last as long. also its not practical if you plan on racing but since i drive and roads by me are crap i also got a set of 65mm sidewall tires. that way the tires take some of the impact of holes in the road before the suspension and helps with a smooth ride. sorry for the low quality image but its the only side shot i got. lol i know i am a bit late but happy holidays. which reminds me keep an eye out too i think yonaka usually does a 50 percent off thing which is the best time to buy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts