Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 gsr and my struts were going bad and i wanted to up grade. i heard that tein and ground control are good?? i need something smooth! but i am not sure?? help me out please!!

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
coilovers == ground control
shock/ struts -- kyb adjustable AGX, tokiko adjustables and just about any company comparable to tein---

never rode on them just heard good things,
Apexi WS c/o
tein c/o

·
Registered
277 Posts
I personally think ground control is sh*t. Why would you want to buy them and then again buy shock. And you are still gonna have sh*ty ride. in stead buy real coilovers from the begining.
About the TEINs, They are really good but expensive. The best damper they have is the Type flex but they won't fit on your car unless you change your rear control arm to a Type R. Or you can just get the kit for civic 92 to 95.
Also one of my friends just got the SRR c1 damper. SRR is as good as tein but the bad thing about them is that you can't adjust the stiffness.

I am still trying to find out about the SRR cup kit or the S1 kit. SRRs are way cheaper than the TEINs.
But if you are not gonna go down the track. I would think that the SRR cup kit would be the best for your car.

·
Registered
550 Posts
That sounds good but I would rather have the oportunity
to change stiffness (track/street driving) but everybody has their own preferences. Also H&R coilovers are not bad.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Riding on ground control with KYB right now -- its two piece but that gives me two advantages over HoNDAINTEGRA----that is if anything happens to my shock/ strut and i have to replace it i dont have to pay mucho dinero to replace the shock as opposed to the entire coilover or deal with the down time to have it rebuilt---
i love my ride-- smooth and not bumpy like expected--

·
Registered
123 Posts
VIS Spec II coilover with Illumina Adj. Tokico shocks, i love the ride, feel smooth. everyone have their own opinion to choose what best for their car

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here I found it....

sturt

\Sturt\, v. t. [Cf. Start, v. i.] To vex; to annoy; to startle. [Obs. or Prov. Eng. & Scot.]
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hondas don't have strut.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Jesse M on Sep/09/02 said:
Quote: SRR is as good as tein but the bad thing about them is that you can't adjust the stiffness.
That sounds good but I would rather have the oportunity to change stiffness (track/street driving) but everybody has their own preferences. Also H&R coilovers are not bad.
[/quote] But you can't adjust the stiffness on the H&R anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts