Team Integra Forums banner

Best Brand for Nitrous Oxide

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  JayDawg1039 
#1 ·
I'm planning on installing N2O soon and was wondering what people here use and would recomend. I got a 91 rs with I/H/E and some other little things. I'm thinking between NOS (holley) or Venom, but venom is kinda expensive yet is it worth the extra money? please share your experiences with N2O and recomondation, they will be greatly appreciated.

Also should i upgrade my ignition system with MSD? is there anything else i should do to prepare? (i know i should do a compression test and leak down test, at least someone recommended it a while back and i still need to do that.)

#3 ·
I don't run N2O, but I've heard that the NOS plate system is the best bet for GSR's ... the Zex is a good kit for a small shot - with a fairly easy plug-and-spray install procedure. I've heard that the Venom is overpriced.

But yeah, like HighImp said, hit up those articles.

#4 ·
i already did hit up the articles and they were quite informative but it doesnt cover everything. I want to know peoples personal expeirences and recomendations. Also where (online) is a good place to get everything thast i would need? Thanks again.

#6 ·
I had the zex kit on my 96 ls. I loved it. It was not very expensive, and very easy to install. I also liked it b/c it came w/what i felt was the safest setup for my engine. If you research it you might or might not agree. I purchased mine from www.summitracing.com . They have very good prices there and all the other parts u might want or need (i.e. purge kit, remote bottle opener, etc.). I ran a 55 shot and the engine was fine just having NGK 2 degree colder plugs to retard the timing. If you want to run a higher shot than that you will need an MSD box to retard it more. If you have any further questions feel free to post or send me a pm.

The website to research the Zex kit is: www.zex.com

Good luck!!

#10 ·
Do you know if the plugs you have are 2 degree colder plugs? If they are, they should work fine, if not, i would recomend getting the NGK 2 degree colder plugs. I've heard they are one of the best and i had them for my setup too.

#11 ·
I'm shopping around for a 50-or-so shot as well... i am really leaning towards the Zex since the computer control helps prevent leaning out (well, they make it seem that way anyways)

#13 ·
Ok, I did some research b4 adding nitrous to my current setup. I went ahead w/ the NOS dry (single fogger) kit primarily because of the reputable name (not cuz of the F&F) and solid reputation that NOS's products (particularly their solenoids) have. Zex is all convenient and stuff cuz everything is all packaged in that control box, but I've hear of some horror stories about the failure of the electronics in that box. Venom is way overpriced. Like Strider7slvrGSR said, the NOS plate kit is the best setup for the GSR if going nitrous alone, but you r running a RS so with your setup, a dry kit w/ a 60 shot jet will suffice nicely
In terms of timing retard, I don't think that a MSD timing master is necessary with a dry kit (double check that one for me) at that level. For plugs, I was running NGK iridiums, but then found out that ZEX's hyperperformance plugs run 3 heat ranges cooler than stock plugs and are ideal for nitrous setups. Now I'm running ZEX plugs and so far, they run very smooth...
NGK copper or ZEX plugs should be fine for nitrous setups. Extremely happy with my NOS kit so far

#15 ·
Thanks for all the info guys, after doing some research i went a head and bought pretty much all the needed components. What i got are as follows:

MSD Digital PCI+
NGK plugs
B & M fuel regulator
NOS Dry kit
NOS Remote bottle opener
NOS Purge valve

I think that should cover it, if there is anything else i should get please let me know.

#17 ·
JayDawg1039 - don't forget the bottle heater (or whatever you call that thing ... electric blanket, bottle warmer, bunny hug ... whatever)

#18 ·
I was gonna get the heater but i live in so cal where its prettt warm all the time. It was gonna cost about another 130 i think, but i'll get it later once i find out how big the bottle is gonna be. see a friend of a friend is selling me his fogger kit plus some other goodies like a nuespeed front strut bar and a chip of some sort, not sure which one but hey the price is right. In total just for all those accesories i spent a little over 800, for the bottle and chip 400 so intotal a little over 1200 right now, i know its allot but i wanted to do things right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.