Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a couple months back I decided to swap out my cheapo AutoZone Shift knob for a Skunk2 ITR style knob, But when trying to install it...I somehow cross threaded my DC Sports Short shifter and when I was backing the Skunk2 tightening nut off the Short shifter, I broke about 1" of the thread clean off.

Now I can either buy a new short shifter or another cheapo shift knob that can be attached via Allen screws because the lack of thread left on the shifter.
Sucked!

Well I was scanning over Ebay the other night looking for an '02 Civic Si Shift knob to custom install in place of the Skunk2, and I came upon a nice leather w/ red stitch Ichibahn shift knob for $14.95!!!

I bid on it and won!
I just had FedEx drop it off at my doorstep and immediately took it out to the garage to install..
Here's some pics of what I got for $15.00!
I'm so happy with this knob, It feels so much more solid then any knob I've had in this car.

If anyone is interested in getting one for yourself.... Here’s their link.

This is the Cheapo knob I had to temporarily install after the thread snapping incident.

Here's my Junk DC Sports shifter

Here's the finished product!!!
Ichibahn Black leather w/ Red stitching Shift knob for $14.95 + Shipping

Could I have found a better deal else where? Not A Chance!
Ichibahn real Black leather w/ red stitch shift knob for sale on Ebay

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wanna sell me the Skunk2 knob?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sleepr56 on Mar/07/04 said:
So that doesnt thred on? It tightens down by a screw or somethin?

It has 3 allen screws at the bottom under the polished Ichibahn ring.
It also has 3 rubber sleaves which you can choose from to keep the top of the knob tight to the shifter.
Very Good Quality product!!!

Quote: GTScott on Mar/07/04 Wanna sell me the Skunk2 knob?
Sorry but no, It's already on my Wife's Si

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hmmm i dunno about screws holdin it down, i like the style but i wonder if they have one that threds on. Solid buy though man

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dc2uner on Mar/07/04 said:
No bad man. Where'd you get you Carbon Fiber dash kit?
I'm not sure if they carry them anymore, But WheelTec Of Tampa Bay is where I got mine from about two years ago.
I think they have a website
www.wheeltec.com
Check them out if interested.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
very nice..i want that RSM..keep up the good work..

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yeah, I found a red leather carbon fiber shift knob for like 15$ The carbon fiber is fake, but it looks good enough and I can't even tell if the leather is fake or not. It was great for like 15$ It comes loose every now and then but hey, it was 15$.

·
Registered
413 Posts
so the knob is secured by allen screws? co the same thing happend to me.. hows the quality? durability? it wont snap of when your slamin gears right?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got done beating on my Teg. Kuz I Installed a couple Go Fast Parts today ...And the knob is NICE!!!
Held in tight on a couple slams into gear.
It has a rubber sleave and screws that keep it solid on the shifter.

Shouldn't shake loose at all. Even under the hardest conditions of everyday driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts