Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I know it has been a while since I last posted but something came up. I was driving on the freeway and it was night time and not only that it was raining pretty hard as well. I was probably driving around 60-70 MPH but could not know exactly until all of a sudden I saw something like a big metal piece on the road in my lane. Looked like the bottom of the metal bumper of like a Ford Ranger. Well I ran over it thinking that I probably messed up my front bumper really bad since my car is lowered and everything.

So shocked and also mad I came home to inspect the front of the car and to my suprise my front bumper was untouched. But I looked at my passenger rim and noticed a flat spot that was probably made when I ran over that metal piece.

The point is that am I able to drive on this rim and tire ok without problems in the long run? It has a flat spot on the rim about one inch. Also one thing that I want to mention is that I can hear a very very tiny bubbling sound coming from that flat area of the rim. You know when you have water on the tire to see for any leaks. I am sure that it is air trying to escape. Now will that sound stop after a while because it just happenend and the tire will allow itself to fit on the flat spot or will it just keep making that very very small sound? I checked the tire an hour after I parked it and now I do not hear the bubbling anymore. I even put water in that area on the to test it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would get the tire balanced again, if everything goes well balancing it, then I would keep using it - check the tire and make sure it doesn't have any bumps/scraches etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
if your tire/wheel has a flat spot getting it balanced wont help one bit. you can balance a square but itll still run like a square.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Get that rim fixed/replaced. Flat spots on the rim will eventually lead to bubbled tire which will lead to a loud boom, rim bending even more, you losing control and wrapping your Teg around a telephone pole.
OK, maybe I'm exagerating with the phone pole thing, but it could happen! Anyway, its not a good idea to ride on that rim like that. Slap your stocks on for a while until you get your rim fixed that way you don't look like an ass with three rims and a stocker on your car.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
You bent/damaged a rim and tire. See if the tire can be saved after the rim is fixed/replaced. Do not think your ok as is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts