Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I currently have the Compustar, Club and Autolock LOL!!

But I want to add a proximity sensor, as well as a battery powered backup siren. Basically, the way it is now, any theif could just pop the hood and disconnect the battery, cuz I didnt relocate my hood cable. I dont think I will.

But anyways, anyone here have a backup battery powered siren? If so, where is it installed? (dont have to say specifics if you dont want, but maybe you can pm me with some of the locations) Do they install the backup siren somewhere in the engine area? Inside the car? Underneath bumpers?

I just want some feedback as I am about to get this stuff installed soon.

Thanks T.I. guyz!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Be wary of proximity sensors. Those things can get damn annoying. They go off if a dog walks by the car. I know a guy down here that had one installed on his Type R and that sucker went off constantly. I think he got rid of it eventually. I think Morning Z has one of those on his ride (don't quote me on that) and may be able to help you out privately of course.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I like the proximity sensors and yeah they can be a bit annoying, but damn what are we supposed to do. People hit other peoples car all the time and dont say anything.
Nothing more I hate than walking out the Mall or a store and finding a new ding or scratch on my car (and I actually tend to park a little ways out in the parking lot)to avoid this from happening, I just adjusted mine low enough so it is not too sensitive but if you do get to close for comfort to bad my Sh*t will let you know!!!
Hey we got to protect our Tegs
Michele

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
ryus on Feb/12/04 said:
cuz I didnt relocate my hood cable. I dont think I will.
why?

takes 30 mins to do and makes your car that much more safer.....

you are looking to improve your security, theres a free way to do so....

also, don't bump your post like you did right above me or thread gets locked... please follow rules

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
WildoutWhiteGSR on Feb/13/04 said:
Here's an option, but it's drastic.

T.I. Link
wow.. that'd suck if your battery was dead

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
ryus on Feb/13/04 said:
Ok, I might reconsider the proximity sensor thing. But anyone here have a backup battery powered siren?? Are they any good?
all you need is a small motorcycle battery, some wiring, and a relay. all can be bought at a hardware store and radio shack.

wire the small battery to your big battery and ground in parallel (+ to +, gnd to gnd) to keep it charged. also, install a fuse inline with the power in case it shorts. the relay you'd need should be a single throw double pole type with one contact normally on, and the other normally off. that way when power gets cut to the main battery, it will switch over to the backup. you could also install a capacitor on there also to hold the charge for the split second it takes to switch over if its not quick enough. just hide the components wherever you think the theives wouldn't look.

i'm gonna draw up a schematic to show what i'm talkin' about... kinda hard to describe

edit: there ya go.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got a Viper Alarm which is Awesome. my six points have perfect sensitivity, varied depending on their location. Exhaust systems don't set off my alarm. Also the two way remote gets an inconceivable range and added safety!

Back up Siren and Battery.
Relocated hood cable.

Can't open my hood but if they did sirens would go off. Cut the Siren. Backup Siren. Cut the battery Back-up battery. And while all this is going on my two way remote let me know some D*ck needs to get their head smashed in.

Can't tell you how much i like my system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i got one on my 97 ls and its awesome.. i like it cuz i don't even want a damn dog to walk by my car.. nothing should. Theres 2 different zones on the sensor. inner and outer.. the outer zone just beeps like 3 times if it is occupied.. the inner zone will go off if it is occupied.. the inner is in my car and the outer is like 2 or 3 inches out of my car.. you can adjust it to your liking.. i reccomend these for everyone that cares.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I just didnt really understand what the hood relocator was for. But now I do. Its so that punks cant just pop your hood from the outside. I will do the relocate when it gets warmer, in the spring.

I'm gonna just get the battery backup siren installed.

That was a pretty cool article about all the security accessories.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.