Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well hopefully winter will be over with sooner or later even though it hasn't really seemed to have started. And when it gets nice out I'd like to get my car on the track this year. Beaverun has something called Flat Out Fridays every so often where you can take your car on the track and learn from an instructor.

Flat Out Friday Information
Read up on what they have to say about it along with their vehicle and safety guidelines.

Where: Beaverun - North Track (1.6 mile road course)
When: Saturday April 1, 2006
Cost: $165

Registration Form to send in after paying with Paypal or with your check.

I updated this for the 2nd event on April 1st.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i'm in, thats not too far from me. i'd love to see my car on the track but i'm not sure i'd fit the requirements. i have pretty much a bone stock GS-R. i looked at that a while ago and remember the requirements were out of my car's range. i'll have to take another look at it. keep us updated because i would at least be down for makin the trip up there for a meet.

Update: looks like i'd just have to take my car to a mechanic and have him fill out the vehicle inspection sheet. i'll just pray to god i have 3/32nds left on my tires....i'm in.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your car just pretty much has to be in safe working order, nothing leaking, falling apart and you need a helmet. I think they have some up there to rent if you don't though. You shouldn't have any problems going out.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
yup, only supposed to get like 2" of snow tonight. what messed up weather we have here.

anyways, i'd love to make it out to a track one of these days.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
tegSimple on Jan/24/06 said:
i'm in, thats not too far from me. i'd love to see my car on the track but i'm not sure i'd fit the requirements. i have pretty much a bone stock GS-R. i looked at that a while ago and remember the requirements were out of my car's range.
I'm not sure what requirements you were reading, but to run in a FOF there you don't need a race car. If your grandma would lend you her 67 VW beetle you could take it.

As long as your car is in safe condition, then it is good to go. You're there to have fun and learn, not race.

BeaveRun has XX number of helmets and can lend you one for the day if you don't have one of your own.

MY personal recommendations for you...

Bring a fresh set of brakes pads (just in case)
Some extra brake fluid (to bleed your brakes when you're done)
Long sleeved shirt and Jeans
No clunk shoes. I have an extra pair of Adidas shoes that I would lend to anyone needing them.
WATER WATER WATER! You need to stay hydrated all day. Trust me, if it's hot outside, you'll sweat your ass off in the car.

Most of all, leave your ego at the door and come will an open mind prepared to learn. All the guys that come to these events are friendly and willing to lend a helping hand and share information.

If I'm not traveling for work and/or have not sold my S2k, i will most definitely participate with you guys.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Dave, I looked at the requirements. I just need to have a few things taken care of before I would take it to the track. I need to have the belts checked, brake fluid changed, and I might need new tires. I realize there is no need for a race car for the event. I just like to make sure things are in really good condition so nothing goes wrong. I cannot afford having something major go wrong seeing as though it's my daily driver. All should be good, just need to take it to a shop and have them look over the car.

Thanks for your help and advice. Believe me, I do not have an ego and would love to learn everything I can. The track day would be great for me. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Glad to hear it, Jeff! I think i speak for the fellow Western PA T-I members when I say that we would do what we can to help you out and prepare for this. I don't have my Integra anymore, but i'll lend a helping hand when I am able.

I gather this would be a first time track experience for you, so I would imagine that you would drive any harder than 5/10 at the event. I'm no pro, but if you are looking for any advice, I'll give you what I can. The day we decided to do this, BeaveRun should provide in-car instruction for anyone needing it. I'm not a certified NASA instructor, but I did instruct at Type-R Expo 3 at BeaveRun and I have learned a thing or two in my time spent out there. Don't hesitate to ask for anything.

Brandon...Chris...I look forward to hanging out w/ you guys again. If I wasn't going to LA the week of the superbowl, I'd say let's meet and watch it, but I won't be around. Hopefully I'll get to my hotel in time to watch it.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
i'm not making any guarantees on my participation, but you know i'll be there to watch and hopefully particpate once. gotta see how the money is then.

oh yeah....

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to see that you guys are all interested in getting some track time...Chris you better go, I'll lend you the money! And you can pay me back with interest of course.

But yeah Jeff or anyone else for that matter if you have any questions I'm sure we can help you out.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well let's see here...my last car was a '99 Oldsmobile Intrigue, not exactly something I was looking forward to taking to a track. I'd love to put my car on a track especially once I get my GC/Koni's installed. Maybe by that time I'll have my new wheels too. I just got my Teg this past May so I am just tryin to learn everything I can. I'm sure most of you could really help me out. It doesn't matter if you're an instructor or not, I'm sure you can teach me a thing or two. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Guys I'm pumped for the track this year, I want to make atleast two FOF's this year. My only concern is my catch can, not sure if it will pass or not. Other then that I should be good to go. I'd love to see a big honda group go out.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Mike01GSR on Jan/25/06 said:
Guys I'm pumped for the track this year, I want to make atleast two FOF's this year. My only concern is my catch can, not sure if it will pass or not. Other then that I should be good to go. I'd love to see a big honda group go out.
why are you worried about it? does it leak or something? i know you mentioned it before when we tryingi to get that east coast track meet going...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
dyingwish on Jan/25/06 said:
Still got some work to do (yes you too Jeff) but I'm in! Should be fun
you're going to put your car on a track!? this coming from the man who babies his car. i will certainly be there if this is the case.

·
Registered
147 Posts
RoadRacer02 on Jan/25/06 said:
Quote: Mike01GSR on Jan/25/06Guys I'm pumped for the track this year, I want to make atleast two FOF's this year. My only concern is my catch can, not sure if it will pass or not. Other then that I should be good to go. I'd love to see a big honda group go out.

why are you worried about it? does it leak or something? i know you mentioned it before when we tryingi to get that east coast track meet going...
I'm pretty sure beaver run says No catch cans open to the atmosphere, which mine is because of the filter. It doesn't leak a drop but I'm worried they'll say it could.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
i think you'd be fine as long as you have the filter on there. technically, its not "open" to the atmosphere with the filter on there. i've seen plenty of race cars running those out there and no problems...

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.