Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have a gsr with intake. what mods should i invest in to be able to beat a lightly modded type r.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
drive better, seen your situation done 3 times in a row, hope this thread doesnt turn bad

·
Registered
318 Posts
DC header/ AEM all fuel managment components/ bigger TB 70 mm/full exhaust system/chip/ will do for now, with these you must be able to conduct your wish!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
You have lots and lots of choices but it all depends on how much your willing to spend. Damn, if you want a sure win with less cash spent then just go for the nitrous system. Got $3000 then go for the turbo or sc system. If you want to beat them N/A then you might want to consider getting:
1. Skunk 2 IM
2. header (dc sport or kamakazi)
3. Exhaust (tanabe, apexi, etc.)
4. ITR cams or similar cams
5. Ignition advanced
6. pistons and rods
7. Etc......
The list is endless and you still might or might not beat an ITR. Get the header, exhaust, and Skunk2 IM finely tuned and with the proper driving skillz.....i'm sure you would win.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
don't bother, on a track in road racing the ITR dances circles around GSRs. Take a look at the Grand Am Series. The King Motorsports ITR is so far ahead of the Planet Earth Motorsports GSR that they are in separate Classes!!
The chassis of an ITR was purpose built for club racing (sedan road racing with stock engines). It's significantly lighter. It's more rigid. So going around corners at the car's limit? Forget it. It's a lost cause. Go to any autocross. The stock ITR is beaten by a light nimble RWD Mazda Miata but not a heavier,softer, more flexing GSR chassis in stock class.

If you are talking straight line speed, when you add the same equivalent part to both cars, you are always playing catch up.

If you are talking about running against an ITR with i/h/c/e or a stock ITR in a straight line, sure you can build a GSR to be faster. It's just the basic principles of engine package layout that will give you a high powerband location improvement in a low rod ratio engine.

you do NOT want a kamikaze header. Look at the layout. It's made for a SC not N/A. Adding ITR cams? the ITR has ITR cams...how does that give you an advantage? it doesn't. Exhaust: Tanabe, Apexi are 60 mm or 2 3/8 in. OD exhausts which limit your performance to 185-90 whp. Ignition advance: the ITR can advance it's ignition too...again no advantage. Pistons and rods: which ones and why? what CR? Why would you pick that particular CR? Do you get stock pistons or aftermarket forged? Are the ITR rods good enough or do you get aftermaket forged? Skunk2 IM...why would you pick that? do you know why? how does that affect the other parts like cams and TB size and headporting?

All of these principles or the reasons WHY are covered in the Articles. If you understand WHY then HOW AND WHAT become pretty simple and elementary. I suggest to peruse the articles here first to grasp the ideas. If you don't understand anything from them then just ask for help in clearing up what one part means. Don't be shy or worried about whether it's a dumb question or not. There is no such thing as a dumb question if you made the effort to try and learn. If you are free loading or wasting people's time for a handout then that's another story. So please, indulge yourself and gain some depth of knowledge instead of settling for superficial, not well thought out or thought through answers with no experience.

The great thing about our site over SOME other honda boards, and something we take pride in,is the fact that we have a tech archive (Articles) you can go to and learn at your own pace, at your convenience. We don't waste our time or your valuable time answering the same repeated beginners questions with quick superficial fluff answers.

The Articles are for YOU to use...they were created for YOU. Please take advantage of them and put yourself in control of your own destiny and making informed decisions.

You no longer have to be the slave of hype, street rumors, magazines who are obliged to kiss their sponsor's ass, and bogus snake oil salesmanship.

thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow!! very nicely put Mike D. Couldn't have said it better myself ... and your right that is what makes this site so great.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
MD - i'm 16 and i don't have a license yet but the integra looks really nice and i want to get one. my friend bubba is 17 and he's working at a 7 eleven this summer so he can buy a mustang GT. after i get my license and i convince my mom to buy me a type-r, what should i get to beat a mustang GT?

please see my profile...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts